Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent last night in the emergency room. Julia was wheezing and coughing all day and it just sounded worse than a cold to me, so I took her to the doctor at 4:00 yesterday afternoon. She sent us right to the emergency room. My girl has asthma. :( I was SO hoping she would escape it. She's now on steroids for 5 days and has to use a nebulizer 4 times a day for about a week or so. She has a little puffer, too. I guess the blessing is that, as an asthmatic myself, I know that this isn't something that should slow her down in life. She can do whatever she wants to do. I'm not going to be a parent who lets her use this as an excuse. Still, it's breaking my heart to see her cough uncontrollably, or hear her cough in the night, or see her with her little puffer. She's just so damn little. She'll be fine, I know she will. She's a toughie.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Amy - you and Julia will be in my prayers. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}My son had asthma when he was an infant but he did outgrow it. I remember the breathing treatment days, my thoughts are with you.
Sending a {{{hug}}} to baby Julia.

·
27,948 Posts
Sorry you all have to deal with this, it can be scary.:(
Give that little sweetie a hug for me.:heartsm:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
{{{HUGS}}} I am a Mom of an asthmatic too and I know how you are feeling. My dd was diagnosed at 18 months and she is now almost 16. We spent many an evening in the ER with her as well!!! Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for you both, I hope she is feeling and breathing better very soon!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Oh how awful Amy! I hope Julia is feeling better soon! :hugz:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Oh Amy {{{hugs}}}. As a mom of an asthmatic and with a dh with asthma, I know how hard it is to watch them cough and struggle. But your right, they can do anything they want to do.

My thoughts are with you and Julia.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
:hugz:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Amy and Julia, sending a big hug and lots of love. Sorry you have to deal with this, but I am glad you know how.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hugs Amy and Julia! As a mother of 2 children with asthma and suffering from it myself, I can sympathize with you. I have never used it as an excuse either and will not let it keep them from doing what they want to do either. Richard plays football and Dakota plays too much...lol! I just keep their inhaler with me at all times and when it kicks in we try to get it under control. They still enjoy everything all the other kids their age do. I hope Julia outgrows it and I hope she is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Hugs Amy and Julia!!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Amy I understand where you are coming from. My dd was diagnosed at 12 months and even though the Dr. said she would outgrow it, she still has it now at 19. I also have it. It will be a lot easier for her to understand since she has you as an example!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Amy, I am so sorry that little Julia has to go through this. I will be keeping her in my prayers and praying that she outgrows this.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am so sorry about this Amy. My son has asthma and was diagnosed when he was 4, you are right, they seem too little for the puffer. He is much better now and just takes a preventative each night which we are thankful for.

Thinking of you and pray Julia is feeling a bit better with her medication.:angel:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Just wanted to send some hugs to you and Julia!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Hopefully it will be something she outgrows...Big Graci Hugs!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}} Amy & Julia !!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:hugz: to both of you.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

I don't have any children with asthma, but my friends little boy had it. I do however know what it feels like to watch your own child struggle and suffer, so I can relate to that.

My friends son was on a nebuliser many times a day for years and I always thought that he would be weaker than other children ~ He is now 16 and carries a puffer and that's it. You are right he does EVERYTHING all children can do and more!

Lots of thought coming your way though ~ I am sure you are BOTH toughies and can see this through together ~ :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Amy and Julia and prayers too!
I understand all to well what it's like to watch you child suffer with the wheezing and coughing due to asthma. One of my sons and I were both diagnosed with it. Our symptoms have gotten much less severe over the years due to prayer and rebuilding our immune systems.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts