Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone. Our 35th is coming up. Any ideas on frugal fun activities to do? Other than the obvious. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
First I want to say :congrats:!

Last year to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary I bought lobster and made us a really delicious meal with homemade Tiramisu for dessert at home and watched a movie..

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Congrats!!! 35 years is impressive.

How about (with whatever else you decide to do) a nice long handwritten letter either of your journey together or of why you still love him and what he means to you. Maybe pair it with something the two of you generally wouldn't do. If you are generally not "go to the movies" people out of frugality but enjoy movies go to a matinae or find the local discount theater. If you do that on occassion maybe a do a picnic at a park. I think the key is for it to be something that it is out of the norm to make it a memory.

Reactions: peanut

·
Registered
628 Posts
Ok somebody has to say it:vs_peek: nothing wrong with the obvious.....:rolleyes:

After 35 year (congratulations :vs_clap:) can you return to the area where you had your first date (maybe you still live there?) & bring a picnic?
Or have a daft day, do something together that ye haven't done in years ie sit in his lap in a photo booth, share an ice cream bowl, watch a local team that maybe ye haven't seen, stay up late at the beach/lake to watch a moon rise or sun rise (packed lunch). Build a grown up tent in the sitting room and camp there with favourite movies, food and drink, warm fire, have a laugh and see if you can romance each other using today's teenage speak (bet you'll be skitting with that one). Although with my back I'd move all the previous to the bedroom and "camp" there, bring tv food with you.
I plan on making a photo frame with me and dh in it as kids, you'd forget that your other half was once a wee one with hope dreams and mad ideas, I like to remember that & hence the kid ideas :) Get a pretty notebook and you both write into it what the best of the last 35 years were (stand out memories) & brainstorm ideas in it for the next 35 maybe!

35years in a wonderful accomplishment & especially if he has his other half on here looking for ideas to make it memorable, hat's off to you both ((hug))

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Wow~ I really love all your ideas.

I'm going to follow some your idea's ladies for my next anniversary.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it's kinda over a bit early. We found out a young lady we taught English to has been air lifted to a nearby hospital with her newborn, who is finally stabilized, but they are being air lifted home tomorrow. So instead of going to the movie "Inside Out" tonight, we're going to the hospital to visit her. We'll take in the movie tomorrow.

However we did get up to a nearby Valley for a look at the market gardens and to buy some produce. Into a small touristy town for Chinese lunch (my fav) and a long scenic drive home through another small community DH has never seen. Made it home around 2 PM. Had a wee nap and then headed out to an art show. Came back for another wee nap. DH ordered pizza for supper (his fav).

Then this guy comes to the door wanting to clean our eavestroughs and DH says "YES"! It takes about an hour. So here we are, it's dark outside, and this guy is still trying to clean our eavestroughs. Not terribly safe. But hubby is with him making sure he does a good job. As soon as he's done, we're off to the hospital.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So we went to the hospital and didn't get back till 8 PM. Hubby's doing dishes and then we're downstairs to the cold basement to watch a movie. I may have to take some blankets/quilts to keep warm!

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All in all a successful 35th anniversary. I did take a big quilt downstairs to snuggle under to watch Star Wars. :) Also went to "Inside Out" the next day. Heard from both children within 24 hours.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts