Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You got a frugal book, gardening on a small scale, survival, farming. cooking (not like paula dean) but more simple stuff. canning, freezing, raising chickens, rabbits. goats. living preelectric. like grandma one type book i love is awe the series written by the 8 th graders who asked thier grandparents how you did this or that back when... i forget the name.. I am always buying these kind of books from amazon. used and pay like crazy. I hear a lot of people flinging them away. Is there a place here or somewhere else or personal email maybe where someone could list these offers and give me a change to offer your price and shipping before you throw them out the door. I ask this way cause i dont know the rules for this kind of thing and dont want to mess up and get kicked out. But if you have the books and need some cash. i probadly would try to buy them if reasonable. .

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am not sure what the rules are on this type of thing neither. My dh picked up a book a few years ago at a yard sale, he is not willing to part with it at this time. But I have read a couple of your posts and I think it is something you would like to read. So figured I would give you the information and maybe it is something you might be able to find somewhere.
The guide to self-sufficiency. By John Seymour, it is a popular mechanics book. It teaches how to be self-sufficient on 5 acres of land, what plants to grow, what animals to raise, lessons in preserving. I am not sure when it was published as the page with the copywrite info is missing.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Books can be listed for sale or trade at any time in the for sale or trade forum.
For Sale or Trade - Frugal Village Forums

So if you're looking for a book, you can post in the for sale or trade forum and just state that you're in search of such and such a book and work out with the seller whether they want to sell it or trade it for something.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks sara and peachy. That is definitely the kind of book which i already own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts