Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's everyone doing this week?

*Dinner was a yummy double layered meatloaf - half ground turkey, half hamburger - because both needed to be cooked tonight :lip:
*Balancing my checkbook/investment accounts
*Starting to organize tax stuff
*Using cloth menstrual pads
*Took an hour and a half walk with DS and DH for free fun/exercise - and found a penny!

·
Registered
163 Posts
well, this week we dont have much going on. I already balanced my checkbook which is ok i guess. We have cubscouts on tuesday and NO EAT OUT DAYS planned. Going to stick to my menu! Dont have any trips planned so I think we're going to be ok and aiming to spend NO MONEY this week!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sunday:
-got 2 newspapers for all of those coupons.
-all meals from home. DH even cooked breakfast for me!
-spent $18 at grocery store.
-had to readjust my weekly grocery budget to $100. I can't seem to get it any lower without feeling very deprived. I think I just need to set a monthly budget for it instead. That way if there are good sales I won't feel bad about going over budget for the week and I can go under budget the next week. Make sense?
-I have my own little "use it up" challenge going on. I refuse to buy any new shampoo, coffee, mac n' cheese, etc until I use up what I already have.
-heat off most of the day
-enjoyed the nice weather outside with my family and dogs

Stephanie

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Well, today:

~all meals are from the pantry/freezer
~doing laundry in cold
~hanging wash on the line to dry
~baked muffins and cookies to be snacks for the week instead of buying them
~purged a full trash bag of clothing from my closet and dresser (this will create less laundry!)
~lights off in room where I'm not (I'm home today...pink eye got worse...my left eye was actually swollen shut)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Amyboz-sorry your pink eye is worse! hope you get better soon :hug2:

~clipped coupons yesterday
~balanced checkbook this morning
~don't plan to go anywhere except to take& pick up kids from school so I shouldn't spend any money until Friday when I go grocery shopping
~planned menu for the week so not eating out
~going to go thru closet today and purge clothes

·
Registered
282 Posts
for Sunday

~all meals from home
~made brownies with kids
~hung some laundry to dry
~used a little less meat for tacos, stretching 1.25 lbs into 2 meals
~used up veggies & sour cream
~clipped & sorted coupons
~stayed away from vending machine
~worked some OT
~got The Spiderwick Chronicles on tape for free (yes we still have a cassette player)
~YMCA, workout/shower/sauna
~early to bed, exhausted!

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
For yesterday (Sunday).....
We ate out, but got the senior citizen discount. We had church, plus hospital visits to make, plus other visits, and it was too far and not enough time to drive home and then back. We would either spend the money on gas to drive, or spend it on something to eat. So we ate......... Next time, I guess I could put some sandwiches in the car, but........

Had to get some fresh produce yesterday, but that's all I have purchased grocery wise. So far our grocery bill for the month is $10.

Today I have the doors and windows opened since it is so warm out (70s). I'm anticipating a no-spend day. The dishwasher is full, so will run a load today. I only do about 2 loads a week.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Sunday:

*No spend day!
*Ate dinner at moms!
*Mom got me 8 weeks of paper for xmas! SO got coupons!!!
*Heat off most of day! Was almost 60 here, and we just bundled up!
*Used $20 giftcard I got for xmas and a sample card I got in mail for my brothers birthday so no $$ spent.

Monday:
*No spend day
*Got drop in daycare kids, extra $$$!
*Heat on 65 today, its 60 outside so wont be on much!
*All meals from home
*Going gymnasitcs tonight, will walk during that for exercise.
*No laundry, no dishwasher.

·
Registered
623 Posts
~returned a bunch of unused holiday stuff to Michael's for cash back.
~sold $19 worth of books to 1/2 price books
~began painting bathroom ourselves (and got all necessary stuff at Big Lots except the paint)
~got 2 sets of Sunday coupons free (1 from BF's mom and 1 from a coworker)
~bought bulk ground beef and broke 5 lbs up into 6 bundles & froze to stretch longer in hamburger helper type meals.
~paid car insurance in full for 6 months on new lower price policy
~made lunch for BF and I for work and got stuff to eat breakfast at home.
~eating leftover roast beef for dinner tonight
~stocked up on Head & Shoulders for BF at kroger. They were on sale and Kroger had a P&G give back goign on where if you spent $25 bucks you got $5.00 off. Have enough shampoo for a year.
~stocked up on Joy dish soap (also on sale)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Monday:
-all meals from home
-hanging out laundry to dry since it's so nice today
-called dentist office and "discussed" my bill...lower price by $50. Also noticed my copay hadn't been deducted from the total so that lowers it another $30. Never hurts to ask, does it?
-still fine tuning budget for 2008
-taking kids to park for free entertainment
-took pork roast out of freezer for tomorrow's dinner that way I won't be tempted to get take out
-writing down necessary spending for the rest of the month. I'm trying to cut down on impulse spending.
-watching a DVD from Netflix for entertainment tonight

Stephanie

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sunday
-worked 8 hrs
-spent 6.18 at grocery store for large speghetti dinner and snacks
-dn cam over for supper and brought a movie to watch
-dh has video games lent by his boss for entertainment this week
Monday
-no spend day
-supper from freezer
-heat on 18 degrees celcius
-no tv until 4 pm
-will attempt to make 6 day menu for 38.00 in my wallet

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~Received 2 $5 survey checks
~Received $34.49 for a textbook
~Sold a textbook on CD set on half.com for $50!
~Going to use the survey checks and money from the textbook sales to pay toward credit card debt
~Changed my spring semester schedule online instead of having to travel to the college and see an advisor to change it for me. (At first it wouldn't let me, but it finally went through. WHEW!) Saved time and money on gas.
~Going to watch the BCS Championship Bowl for free entertainment tonight. DH has friends coming over.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Sunday
Made a round trip to CVS and Grocery stores for coupon deals. Stuck to the list and the budget
*pulled pork sandwiches ( leftover pork) cheesy potatoes, end of applesauce, peach crisp and brocolli for dinner
*washed in cold
*cleaned up and decluttered

Monday
*travel for business so all living expenses including my meals are on the companys dime
*resisted urge to buy books while waiting in airport. REad one that I brought from home instead
*using hotel samples

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Monday, Jan 7th...

*Even though DH and I went out tonight, we ate leftovers before we left so no eating out
*Took lunch and coffee to work this morning
*Re-submitted a hospital bill under the correct insurance
*Talked myself out of going to McDonalds at lunch
*Went over some end of year numbers with DH - we did pretty well this year.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Monday the 7th

~no laundry day YAHOO!
~decluttered livingroom and started under the sink area
~all meals from home
~family stopped for coffee but I abstained
~baked the marinaded chicken for lunches this week
~made crockpot mac & cheese
~YMCA (extra long in anticipation of mac & cheese) shower & sauna for free
~heat hardly engaging as it is so warm here!
~super cheap JIF peanut butter at Walgreens with store coupon + sunday paper coupon

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Tuesday, Jan. 8

The school district where hubby taught had a breakfast this morning for the retired teachers, so we had a great breakfast at no cost. Had leftovers for lunch. Supper will be fish and veggies from the freezer, plus salad and an apple.

Got the kitchen prepped yesteday for putting in tile, and hope to finish the tile job today. But with us, we probably won't finish.........

So it's a no spend day here, plus working down the freezer, plus putting in our labor to get the house ready to sell.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
For this week so far -

- hung all laundry
- heat at 65 - except it hasn't been coming on because it is warmer than that outside! In January!
- dh took leftovers
- got 3 papers and clipped all coupons
- got up the courage to ask the lady that we walk the dogs for if I could have her coupons each week, we communicate in notes, so I will find out tomorrow LOL As she put it, we are pen pals
- washing tons of ziploc baggies
- referred someone to mypoints
- scratch muffins for our breakfast this morning
- I have made a few dollars this week from the kids who don't want to do their chores

·
Registered
197 Posts
had heat off all day too warm outside.(wish it would stay) cooking from pantry and frezer stayed out of stores.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Tuesday Jan. 8
-got 1 weeks worth of groceries plus a few stocpile items for $35.92
-heat on 18
- made cupcakes for a snack last night
- will start price book today

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
- made salad dressing
- made sausage rigatoni bake and made an extra for the freezer, I ran out of ricotta cheese, so the one in the freezer only has mozzarella, which I am hoping will taste just as good, if so I will stop buying the ricotta
- no laundry today
- used up some corn on the cob from the freezer
- wrote an article about good neighborhood jobs for kids

1 - 20 of 34 Posts