Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since I started this thread, and its Tuesday already!

*All meals at home
*Dinner tonight is pasta (no meat)
*Listed some coupons for trade
*Had my artificial nails taken off - will save on maintainence in the future
*Tapped my mom today for free babysitting
*Re-reading the TWG for more inspiration

·
Registered
155 Posts
~ lunch from home
~ changing up leftovers to make a new meal tonight
~ still working on my quilt

~ well, I think this was frugal...I bought some fabric yesterday. I have thought and thought about this for over a month, but I finally bought what I wanted. In the past I would not have thought twice about spending $... after my current quilt is done, I want to make three flannel rag quilts, one for my family, one for DMil's B-day and a housewarming gift for my sister...she should be moving in a month or so. I am so excited :)
~ the other thing that I want and DH wants me to buy is a really good mixer...since I am always making bread, large batches of cookies and other baked goods.... I am still thinking about it and looking for a coupon code or sale... lol!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Did one load of laundry in cold and hung
made hubbys lunch
took my snack and water to work
no t.v. this morning and won't turn it on until 6:00 tonight
no ac and no heat
dinner at home

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I went for my mammogram today (I posted about getting a deal in the "Oct. is breast cancer awareness month" thread) got it for $99 for both the mam and the radiologists' read on it. While in the city I did a few other things

~I hit Walgreens for the great FAR deals
~also hit CVS for their ECB deals
~had a crack in my windshield stopped (by the rock chip repair people), had a coupon for $15 (lots less than a new windshield)
~made a return at Khols of a $7 sweater that I decided I didn't care for (didn't buy a thing)
~filled up with gas at Sam's Club (the cheapest place in the city-$2.07)
~looked there for fresh blueberries but no luck, left without spending another dime
~hit the thrift store (got 2 nice button up shirts for me, a long sleeve t-shirt-really cute!-for me, and a knock about the house jogging suit for me + 1 pair of Abercrombie and Fitch jeans for resale and 1 pair of Levi SilverTabs for resale, all for $15).

It was a pretty frugal day even though I spent some to save some.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
- combined errands today
- changed our address at the PO and got a 10% coupon for Home Depot, we have $150 worth of giftcards from our realtors, so I will combine them with the discount
- I have already reserved a truck through Budget truck rental and at the po they had a coupon for 10% off a truck rental. I will try to apply it when we pick up the truck
- leftovers for dinner tonight
- $500 into savings today
- washed some ziploc baggies
- kids had ramen noodles for lunch - they love those things!
- 2 loads of laundry in cold
- listening to dave ramsey right now on the radio for motivation
- caught an error at the library, I checked in about 15 books and when I went to check out 1 book for ds I noticed that I still had a lot of books out when I had thought I had returned them all. I asked the lady and we looked at the screen together, 1 book I realized we had left at home, 2 were DVDs that I had forgotten about and 1 was one that I had just returned. She went and checked the baskets in back and there it was. It was a $30 book that she had not checked into my account. You know it wouldn't have been long before they billed me for that one.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~put dinner in the crockpot this morning....nice, hot dinner ready for us when we arrived home!
~had to go into town after work to take an English test at the college....went by CVS to get my ECB's and pick up some more items to get more ECB's. I am stocking up on Oral B toothbrushes at the moment. They make great stocking stuffers and are FREE with the ECB's.
~hung laundry to dry
~refilling the water pitcher....tastes better when it is cold from the fridge than from the tap

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
~Last post-op day at home. Tomorrow it's back to work for me :(. I really would love to be a part-timer. Have to finish my contract out first.
~Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher.
~Had breakfast and dinner from home
~Dh spent some money out today, but I didn't leave the house, so no $ spent by me.
~Got some great coupons in the mail today. Organized some for shopping later this week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
today i bought 3 herb plants - i noticed the coriander (cilantro) and oregano were a bit wittled, so i haggled and got them half price. mint was in great condition so full price. i also bought some nuts and bolts for $6 and fixed my push mower (sort of) and mowed the front lawn and some of the back. i got a deal on garden secatures - 3 diff sizes for $11 - the next price for one small one was $15, so very happy.

cooked all meals from scratch for the kids and i - did planting and gardening for entertainment - washed in cold and hung out washing.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
10/11

*staying home
*no eating out
*washing in cold water
*using less detergent
*using half of a dryer sheet (raining, can't hang clothes out today)
*will keep all lights off until needed

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
- washed some ziploc baggies
- potato soup for dinner tonight
- dd went both in the potty this morning
- reusing boxes to pack up the house for our next move this weekend
- emailing a friend instead of calling LD
- working on a Walmart list, so that I don't forget something important and have to make another trip out
- linked my ING acct to our checking in OH and am getting ready to transfer $892 back into our emergency fund, we didn't need all that we had expected at the closing
- free country living magazine in the mail, I mentioned to dh that I would like a subscription to it and maybe he could mention it to his parents for a christmas present
- driving no where except preschool today

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
No t.v. on this morning
washing a load of laundry in cold
will hang in spare room
taking lunch, snacks and water to work (no spend)
working full shift ($$$$)
no heat
Everyone have a really nice day !

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is my first time doing this! :)

-DH took his lunch today, dinner at home
-DS in cloth diapers only
-washing 1 load in cold
-washing dishes by hand
-TV off for most of the day

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Welcome to the thread Tara:wave2:

~Stayed home all day save a trip across our small town to give my dmom a perm (I saved her $25)
~Heat still of except for a small heater that we've used when we're freezing in here (it's been down to 60 in the house already)
~Laundry with homemade laundry soap, in cold when appropriate
~Hung dry some laundry inside
~Grated some zucchini from the garden to use later this winter
~Mixed up a cake and took to mom and dad's to bake while we did mom's hair
~Used zucchini for the aforementioned cake since it was free :D
~Filled out my rebate from Walgreens, gonna have it put on my gift card again = 10% more
~Drank only water
~Eating from fridge and freezer and pantry at home tonight
~Lunch from pantry

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
10/11

~took lunch to work
~made dinner in slow cooker
~drinking water
~laundry in cold
~did a survey for $25 last night

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm jumping in late

10-10
Took lunch to work
Packed ds #2 lunch
DH had training at work so he got free lunch
Made supper at home
Cleaned out car, swept out with little broom then vaccumed at car wash (only cost .50) And spent 2.00 to wash it.

10-11
Stayed home today
Babysat for a friend, made 20.00 and she also brought some left overs (from her supper lastnight) so I reheated it for our supper tonight. Free!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Staying home this week except for to and from school
Eating all meals at home
Went apple picking, going to slice apples and freeze them for later use
Have only gotten limited groceries this week, living off the stockpile
Said no to school fundraisers and science club ($60 per kid -- outrageous!)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I blew it yesterday! Took the dog to the groomers to help with shedding ($40 and she is still shedding like crazy!) Had to do that on my lunch break so picked something up to eat ($7) then went to Kohls and bought new jeans and boots ($107).
Good news is some jeans did not fit so today I get $$ back.
* Brought my lunch to work today
* Have not turned on the heater in our house (it was 65 in the house this morning Brrr)
*Cooking at home tonight

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
10/12

*washed laundry in cold water with less amount of detergent I could get away with
*Today I'll have to spend $12 on some cookie dough I bought from my best friend's little girl who is raising money for school
*babysitting for some extra money today
*wrote out some bills today
*will be making out my menu and shopping list today
*had to turn heat on, although we are trying to keep it at a low-it is cold here!! brrr!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Wow I havent posted in a weekly thread like this in eons!! Time to get back into the swing of things and motivate myself!

* washed laundry in cold, only when load was FULL and hung to dry (yes even socks and undies LOL)
* no tv, no stereo - just used computer for entertainment
* re-worked budget and squeezed out enough $ to get rid of one credit card!! :clap:
* monday was thanksgiving holiday here - have been eating leftovers all week and getting creative with whatevers in stock
* been sick since monday as well - turned off cell phone - heh, no one's been able to call me! :laugh:
* heats been on but opened blinds to let light/heat in and bundled up w/o adjusting thermostat (kinda hard since I live with my dad who's a senior and likes it warm)
* cleaned up one area of clutter - makes me feel way better like im not wasting money but having it sitting there not knowing whats in it

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thursday, Oct 12th...

*No spend day
*All meals from home - dinner was stir-fry using 1/2 a package of steak (don't know if DH noticed that there was less meat than usual).
*Put up leftovers from dinner for DH's (or mine) lunch tomorrow
*Did not go out to Friendly's for ice cream (we talked about it, but ended up being too tired)
*Clipped coupons I got from my parents Sunday paper this week
*Drinking mostly water all day
*DH put in at least an hour of work consulting tonight ($55/hr)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts