Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today will not be frugal. Going to dd's dance recital, need to get flowers then take her out to dinner!

~lights off
~tv's off for now
~no laundry day

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

1. Again this week ride Motorcycle to work as many days as possible...barring no rain...to save gas.

2. Today is a now spend day and I shouldn't have to spend any money until at least Thursday for Milk and Bread.

3. Lights off/ thermostat up

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Well
Today "should" be relatively frugal unless DH throws a wrench into my plans

Plans:
Spenser steaks and yams on grill for dinner with a salad and fresh cut melon
Pull weeds and lay mulch in the yard.
Separate and transplant a few plants from one garden to another rather than buy more plants
Clean up the yard and deck - declutter- declutter- declutter!
Use samples of sun screen while in the yard
Washing flea market clothing that I bought yesterday

Tonight -
DD to run sweeper, dust and mop floors
Iron flea market clothing that I bought yesterday and washed earlier today!
Maybe - run to local grocery store for sale items plus coupon deals...this might be put off a day or two however
Thaw meat for mondays meal so I can pop it into crock pot early in the day...no last minute dinner decisions
Hope to either embroder on pillowcases or hook on a rug kit that I have this evening...keep hands busy = no night time eating! LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sunday:

Today should be relatively frugal especially as we are going to mother-in-laws for dinner.

*leftovers for lunch
*no eating out
*no spend day
*try to make some homemade convenient food packages (instant oatmeal and rice-a-ronis)
*lights off as much as possible

·
Registered
519 Posts
6/10:
-all of our meals here at home...cereal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and beef stew already in crockpot for dinner
-cutting down on soda consumption. I've gotten really bad about this since it has been so hot
-matching coupons to grocery sales, only cherry picking this week
-air up since it's not quite as hot today
-not going to water my garden today since we had a good rain late last night
-watching the race for entertainment
-menu planning for the next few days
-planning entertainment for the next few days (pool, library, kids having friends over)
-making Kool-Aid for kids instead of having juice boxes, getting plenty of Vit. C from fresh fruits
-making snacks for this week

Stephanie

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~Hung laundry out to dry
~Put the a/c window unit in today....helps the central a/c unit (last year it helped lower our electric bill because the central a/c unit didn't run as much.) The window unit is smaller than the central unit.
~DH cooked dinner outdoors on the grill.
~Borrowed FIL's spreader to spread some grass seed instead of buying one today.
~Hand washing the dishes because there aren't enough dishes to run the dishwasher.
~Decluttered DH's and my closet. Got rid of clothes neither of us wear anymore!
~Made tea instead of buying soda.
~Brought home a free kitten. The lady threw in some kitten food. We already had the cat litter and box.

T

·
0 Posts
Today was Owen's Baby Dedication at church and a big party following, so there was not a lot of frugal things we did today!

*Took home coupons from MIL's and clipped the ones we might use
*Perused sale flyers
*Bought ice cream for the party that was on sale (yes, I checked the sale flyers last night so I knew which grocery store to stop at, LOL)
*Picked items out of my HBA stash to sell on eBay. I have way too many things that I'll never use.

·
Registered
57 Posts
6/10
Used free sample of deodorant
Used 2 free samples of conditioner
Used up spaghetti sauce before it went bad
Got free burger and chicken fries from DK
Used 8.50 in coupons at WM

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Michelle, congratulations on the new kitten! DD wants one so badly!

6/11
~going to library today
~rolling some change today
~sold two things on ebay
~hanging clothes to dry
~trying not to water grass and flowers (hope it rains)
~a/c on low
~no lights on, no tv on
~using samples of body wash, deoderant, shampoo, etc. to use them up
~going to start some sewing today for entertainment

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Today will not be frugal. Going to dd's dance recital, need to get flowers then take her out to dinner!

~lights off
~tv's off for now
~no laundry day
Ah, but times like these are why we're frugal the rest of the time! Right?

~lights all off - yay! I remembered!
~been unplugging "glowing" things - have all electronics not in use unplugged, including microwave
~going to price more CFB's today...see what the local HD has for the recessed lights. They have a dimmer, though, so I may just leave them as is. Replacing bulb over kitchen sink with CFB. Will probably get a higher wattage one for that light, because if I don't use the recessed lights, it has to light the whole kitchen.
~got a bargain on coffee and applesauce at work. Three bags of "designer" coffee left over from Christmas for 3/$7.49; applesauce BOGO

That's all for now.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Today I have to to to the groc. store and pick up a few things so that I dont have to do it after the baby comes. Maybe if I feel up to it go to target to pick up some things we will see though. Not a frugal day for me.

Katy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Monday:

*leftovers for lunch
*make brownies and bread
*no eating out
*no spend day

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~Watched a DVD that DH borrowed from a friend
~No laundry today
~Eating leftovers for lunch
~Added some leftover vegetables to the freezer....soup mix

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
My week.

School is out tomorrow! That means son will be home along with 3 other school aged kids during day! I will have to become crafty and try to keep them busy all day! I can't wait. I love a full house!

* no spend week! Filled up gas Sunday (last 2 weeks), grocery shopped for the month yesterday. Have fresh fruit,veggies, milk, bread for this week.

*One load of laundry washed in cold. Not hung dry (allergies bad!)

*Rented 2 movies and 10 books from library for our down time.

*Rented a few outdoor games/toys from the local library as well. Kids love the sand bag toss. ( You should ask at front desk for info on that, I had to be let in special room w key but most librarys have them)

*Biking to baseball practice 2 times this week. About 2 miles each way.

*Need to find dress for wedding in two weeks. Trying to decide to go to thrift stores and take chance they don't have and waste money or go to Dept store and pay WAY more.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
*lights off until almost 10pm
*no more heat on :thumb:
*all meals are from fridge & freezer
*no spending today
*washing in cold water

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
~ DH fixed the sliding door and saved a repair bill
~DH separated hostas and planted in other spots in the yard. Using plants we have instead of buying more
~Sent DD to store on her way home for a few groceries. It is on her way, hence no extra gas used
~Sent DH to Save a Lot since he works there for a few other groceries. Lowest price and no gas used by me
~posted coupons for trade
~Washing in cold, less soap,
~gray water to water my plants
~turning off all items when not in use.
~Opened saving account with large portion of tax refund
~switched checking account to a 50+ account. Gives me free checks! No more paying for checks for us!
~feeding cat with free cat food obtained with coupons. Have enough to last probably 2 months
~linked DH debit card to the points program offered at the bank. Will use points to earn gas cards for that darn truck of his.....
~meals from pantry - re-working menu to try and use what is in the house
~gave self a hot wax foot treatment
~listed some lumber and hose on free cycle. Karma.......
~signed up for online bill payment...hope to save a few stamps now and then

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
6/12

~reading libary books for entertainment
~sewing for entertainment
~one load laundry in cold
~no lights on
~a/c on low
~all meals from home
~using up some samples
~hoping for rain, to not water grass and flowers again today

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~DH grilled outdoors yesterday
~Hanging laundry to dry
~Leftovers for lunch
~Drinking water, free
~tv/computer/lights off when not in use

·
Registered
229 Posts
1. no eating out
2. Buying gas at the cheap times
3. No fun shopping
4. Use free entertainment
5. canceling newspaper subscription
6. All groceries bought with coupons or at Sav A Lot

·
Registered
64 Posts
Good day today!

Breakfast at home, including my shot at a homemade latte, which was really pretty good, and saved me money and calories (over putting half & half in my coffee, my usual habit).

Cut my daughter's hair myself.

Hung up laundry to dry (and it's my cloth rags and napkins for the kitchen - extra frugal!)

Lunch at a friend's (in the neighborhood, so no driving), entertained the kids by having a picnic and making homemade ice cream.

Figured out six further dinners to make with what I have on hand, I only need to buy garlic and bacon.

Not terribly frugal, but I made a reservation for our 10th anniversary dinner, told the restaurant the occasion, and they throw in some balloons and dessert - nice!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts