Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep it bit the dust. My dh and heaven knows I love him JUST SAT ON MY BREAD. Yep sat on it. I had it rising on a chair out on the deck and he plopped his butt right down on my bread.

·
4,028 Posts
Ooooh NOOOoooo!

I guess you will be serving flat bread tonight?
Was it ruined or could you salvage it for another rise?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its dead. Am baking it now and will probably use it for French toast. Only thing I can think of to salvage it at the moment. Its not like I had it hid. It was right there. Geez....MEN......I'm too old to bake more today. My 57 years are catching up with me. He'll just have to deal with this. :nrant:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yuck!! Did it stick all over his pants- laundry mess too!! LOL

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Ok, I'm sorry but that made me chuckle. :laugh: Though as a fellow bread-maker, I completely understand your pain. :hmmm:

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
LOL! I'm really sorry for all of your trouble, but it did bring a smile to my face!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Oh no! I bet he learned to look before he sits down.
At least you were able to use it as fench bread instead of tossing it all out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
...mine did too. I went to Walgreens to pick up a perscription for my mother-in-law and just happened to walk down the clearance asile....

I picked up a glass cheeseburger and a glass hot dog salt and pepper shakers.

It's so hard for me to say no to novelty.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Oh, wow! We've had moments like that too.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Oh no, lol. I know it stinks, and as a fellow bread baker...ouch. but it did make me giggle. hope he looks next time. :hugz:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Sorry, but that was really funny!! :lol3: I'll bet he looks next time before he sits down!! But knowing men, maybe not!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
LOL..I about fell of my chair from laughing so hard..Thanks for making my day..Sorry about your bread btw...

·
Registered
579 Posts
ohhhhhhhhhh no not the bread!! lol. One time I had a pan of oatmeal rolls rising on the counter, covered with a towel and the cat ran across them. Now that cat never went on the counter, I never had trouble with her but there my rolls were, with cat paw prints in them....lol.

Come to think of it.......one time I had my neighbor, who has alzheimers, over for dinner and that same cat jumped up and ran down the middle of the table. My neighbor just blinked slowly, didn't say anything and kept eating....lolol.

You just never know where butts or cat paws are gonna end up at.

·
27,948 Posts
Lol, bread may not have but he sure got a rise out of you. :laugh:

Men often can't see anything unless you put it directly in their hands. This morning Dh says there weren't any of the razors he likes to use in the closet so he puts them on the grocery list (bonus points) I go to the closet, move the razors he doesn't like out of the way and there are at least 8 of his fav bright orange (can't miss) handled ones there.
Other day he was complaining he couldn't find tops for 2 containers he wanted to use for his lunch..."Sure would have been nice to use these, they were the perfect size." "Why can't the lids be where they are supposed to be?" I walked over, got out the container that holds the lids & found them both together in seconds. I gave him my big toothy (your a wacko) grin, didn't say a word & walked away. That man NEEDS me.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Oh No :) I am soooo sorry this happened, hopefully next time he will look before he plops! :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Im so sorry about your bread. I know it would be frustrating because it takes so much effort to make bread.
Darlene I have a hubby like that too. Sometimes he's just too lazy to actaully look around the area somethings in. lol Then I show him its in front of his face lol he'll grumble and walk away and said it wasn't there when he looked lol lol
OMG!!! Men. Gotta love them.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Freya, sorry to hear about the smooshing of the bread. Perhaps mark this day on the calendar and 'observe' it this time next year - see if it 'jogs' any memories then!

Butt I am sorry to have to say that I spat my water at the 'flatbread' comment posted after your oringal posting. :laugh:

And Darlene, mine too seems to be lost w/o me. I dont even live with him but I know exactly where everything is and how much is left that Im always getting phone calls and inquiries :lol: I should start charging him! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
OMG! LOL Sorry, but that is just too funny. I see we must all be with men that are related. Mine can't find anything w/o me either...LOL
I was thinking that you could just bake it and make bread crumbs with the dough. You could even flavor them with italian herbs if you want to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts