Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frugal & Easy Microwave Popcorn

Recipe Description
A cheap alternative to microwave popcorn, and much, much, healthier with none of the additives! I tried this tonight, and I can't believe how well it works.​
Preparation Steps:
Put the unpopped corn in the brown bag. Fold the bag at the very top (about 1 inch folds) 2 times, don't worry about securing the bag any more than this.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
3 minute​
Ingredients:
Brown paper bag
1/2 cup of unpopped popcorn kernels​
Serves:
About 5 cups of popcorn​
Directions:
Microwave just like you would any store-bought microwave popcorn bags, stopping when there are 2-3 seconds between pops.

Open bag carefully, it will be steamy! Add toppings, such as a little butter and salt, close the bag and shake. Enjoy!​

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just saw this today online. Best idea ever! Works great :)

·
19,119 Posts
Great idea and mahalo for sharing!!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Okay, now I'm annoyed that I JUST threw out (as of yesterday) a bunch of brown paper lunch bags that I have had for ages and never used! They would have been perfect to try this!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Hey I just saw this on Rachel Ray not too long ago! I was surprised at how easy it was to do when I tried it. :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I got a really cool glass popcorn microwaving bowl at a thrift store for $2.00. The only problem is it is a pain to wash out because little kernel bits stick to the glass. I guess I will be buying a pack of paper bags next time I am in the store! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts