Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just running errands today, paying bills, and cleaning house! Sounds exciting right!?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Yes, that's exciting. What would I lives be like if we didn't do those things!

I'm headed to walmart later today. I need milk and have a few coupons to get a couple of things free or almost free.

Then back to clean house. Do a little more crochet on the scarf I'm making.

I did get one room cleaned really good yesterday. The only thing left is the closet in that room. It still has ds' junk in it. I don't know what he wants to do with all of it.

My other ds comes home this afternoon. Not sure when he'll be here. His friend is picking him up from the airport. I'm happy because I don't have to spend money going to the airport.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Worked out Then got almonds & raw sugar. Made lunch to take to work. Put in a load of darks. Dh is cooking dinner it marinading in the fridge. (Chicken breasts). Will make green beans to go with. Have a great Friday!

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
285 Posts
Today was going to be very frugal but I had to take an unforeseen trip (about 25 miles, round trip) to return a light-fitting I'd picked up yesterday - after a long wait for the store to have it in stock. When I came to unpack it this morning - it was cracked. I thought I'd better take it back RIGHT NOW since they might not have others in stock, if I waited. So that was fuel used up that I hadn't planned for.

No problem getting a replacement fitting: there were still two on the shelf. Ah, I say to myself, but if I'd waited -

Other than that, it's been the excitement of managing a home, doing some music-theory homework, having home-made soup for lunch and - watching it snow.

We went out, in the snow (because otherwise we get Cabin Fever) - just four slippery, icy miles. Not another soul out there - wonder why? But there you are - free fresh air, free coastal views, free exercise.

And supper is from the Reduced For A Quick Sale counter: that's really frugal.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Went grocery shopping in the freezing -22°c cold this morning.
Came home and fed and put Mini down for a nap.
Need to fold and put away laundry. Will run another load later.
Quiet afternoon in our warm house. Hubs should be home early and a friend might visit later on.
Good Friday all in all.

·
19,119 Posts
...and I woke up thinking it was Saturday!

Want to find some tan yarn for my 2013 Christmas gnomes = searching through my DMIL's stash.

Need to decide what recipes I am going to use for the recipe swap and print them out. Crafting some more gratitude journal pages for another swap and Christmas presents.

Want to get daily. Exercising in early while I is still cool!

Have a great Friday!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Went for a walk, then used my CVS dollars to stockup on some toothpaste, disinfected the kitchen and bathroom sink, wiped down with lysol cloth all light switches, phones, computer keyboard and mouse. Still need to do a little straightening up and dust. Then clean out the outside closet and sweep.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Afternoon all!

We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday with more to come according to the weather forecast...had the shovelling done by 8am...went uptown with Sophie so she could pick a belated Bday gift...she picked two jets and a large stuffy penguin lol.

The roads are a mess,but crew are working hard to get them cleared. Got some laundry on the go and light house keeping. Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
There wasn't a lot of snow accumulation overnight thank goodness but gave the drive & sidewalk a quick pass over to make it easier for walking. Dropped DH at work with his food & coffee for the day. Got home in time to answer his call - there's a package coming and I need to stay home to receive it. Apparently it's for me b/c he won't tell me what it is :laugh: Sneaky boog.

The basement is so cold in the afternoon since we removed the ceiling insulation. I'm only noticing it moreso daily as we keep going in and out of cold snaps like we're currently experiencing now. I can't wait til we're done the lv rm reno - hopefully before next winter! Brrr!

Dinner is pork chops w/mashed taters.

·
Registered
439 Posts
So I got free babysitting from grandma tonight only to find out I am on the volunteer schedule for my son's basketball concession stand. I was planning on starting my weekend of batch cooking but looks like I will need to start tomorrow. I did get a few dz cookies made during nap time today. Also got some laundry done all in cold water. Oh and I was able to use up all the leftovers for snack today.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
today I played lost and still not found..lost my glasses spent all day with out them, lost the phone, found it lost it again, the cats have played with my shoes and I have to find them....and I have lost my wallet..

cleaned the whole house, done the mountain of dishes,changed the litters, washed and dried 2 loads of towels and throws..cheap date fast food and a movie at home

1 - 12 of 12 Posts