Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank GOD it's Friday!!!!

What a long and emotional week. Basketball is just getting tougher and tougher to stomach. What do you do with a coach that constantly tears down your 11 yo and never builds back up? She's fairly thick skinned, but it's taken a toll. I don't raise quitters, but this is getting rougher by the day. To be told you're slow isn't something that I find encouraging, no matter what context it's used in. :fpunch: Sorry, thanks for letting me vent!

Yesterday was the dentist, and my two yahoos apparently react quite strongly to the laughing gas. They both were laughing so hard they were bawling. For 30 minutes AFTER they were taken off the gas. It was embarrassing AND hilarious at the same time trying to get our coats on to leave as they both could barely stand up they were laughing so hard. That's gotta be a good advertisement for a pediatric dentist. Come on, who finds the dentist so humorous?!?

Today is work for me, but it's a potluck day, which is wonderful! I picked up some brownie bites yesterday, so I should be good to go! And the best news? No activities tonight, which we desparately need. Too much running makes for a very tired and cranky mama! This weekend will be filled with basketball tourneys and birthday parties. Pretty much the usual! :)

Have an awesome day, everyone!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good Morning!

This is my last day working from home! :cheer4:

After over a year of working from home, I am so excited to get back into the office environment. Some people may call me crazy, but being by myself all the time has been really hard! So, today I want to be super productive. I have 5 projects left to review before I start on Monday, I am hoping to get 2-3 done today.

Tonight, DBF and I need to run some errands before our crazy busy weekend begins.

Tomorrow we are heading out to the suburbs to have lunch with DBFs grandma. She is Italian, and has been patiently waiting to see our photos from the trip we took in September to Italy. So, she is making us lunch and we will go through all of our photos. After that, we have dinner (in the 'burbs) with DBFs friend (and his wife) from high school. So, that is my Friday & Saturday! Have a great Friday, everybody! Stay warm!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
It's a sunny, snowy morning. I am having my coffee and admiring the beauty.

More bathroom cleaning on my 'schedule' today. And floor scrubbing. yipee. But it feels good to be making a dent in the house mess.

We had 54 people over at Christmas over two days, then our sons here and all their friends staying here for another week, just crashing wherever they fell all over the house, then DH and I had the flu for 2 weeks. Needless to say, I'm really behind around here. Yikes. Trying to get back on a FLYlady schedule of sorts + extra cleaning.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Today is a standard working day but later this evening I hope to at least run the sweeper, sweep the kitchen and mop the kitchen floor. Need to fold a load of laundry that is sitting in the dryer.....yikes!
Then off to either read a good book, watch a movie or begin some sewing projects...cant make up my mind!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is cold here. Just looked out the window and it is snowing again! I did my walking tapes and pet chores. I am waiting for Sears to come and install a new dishwasher.Hopefully this will not be an all day wait. Gonna do laundry and then meeting with another couple for supper out tonight.... their treat! Yippeee!!!!!!Have a good day!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
It is another cold, sunny, snow filled day here. I keep telling myself winter is about half way over. Took a walk, made a batch of cookies, took shower. Now need to settle down and finish some things while catching up on my soap. Then get ready for tomorrow.

Right now the cat is snoring away. The other day she was snoring then started meowing strangly. She was definately asleep. Hope she wasn't having a nightmare. lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi - would love to join in the daily discussion. My employer has a modified work week - we get every other Friday off. Today is an off-Friday and I did some cleaning and paid some bills. I'd like to go out and run some errands now, but it's so cold out that I'm not really motivated! :)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
TGIF everyone sent out some more resume's today to diff places hope I get a phone call from one of them Monday wish me luck!
At least son is getting free lunch at school now!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Waiting to hear from an old friend who surfaced the other day. MmmMemories---

1 - 10 of 10 Posts