Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo-Hoo, it's finally Friday!!! That's what this thread should be titled, not "Frugal Friday!" ha ha

I'm sitting here watching Fox News this morning, and thankful I live in the wide open spaces of Montana while the people of Egypt are going crazy. Yikes, scary place.

Well, last night I did a quick run through of our taxes to see how we will turn out. Not as good as the past 6 years, but we should get a big enough refund to put the down payment on dd's braces, so that's a good feeling! I will try and get those done this weekend.

Today is work for me. I'm leaving early to get groceries that I didn't get to yesterday. And we need it! The list is long...

DH is coming home tonight!!! He has been gone for 11 days, so we are definitely ready to see his face again.

So other than cleaning up this evening, we are going to take it easy! Have a wonderful day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good morning, Vanessa and everyone!

I've been at home sick the past 2 days with a bad chest cold. :( Yesterday it was so bad I couldnt' even drive myself to the doctor's office, but I have a little more energy today.

We had a lot of big plans for the weekend, but now I will just focus on my homework and on getting better...

Have a wonderful Friday!!!

Andrea

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Right now I have a comforter wrapped around me and the cat laying on my lap. I went to the store to pick up some cat litter. It was not that great outside. Some snow drifts about four feet high and not all sidewalks were shoveled. It definately made me feel happy to know I had a somewhat warm place to get back to.

I plan on staying inside. May go out and get some walking in later today.

Currently I have eleven dollars to spend until next Thursday. Yes I do have some extra but I really want to save it. It has been hard reminding myself what my goal is but I do think it is manageable. Needless to say I have been eating out of the stockpile.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hello girls. I went to the 10:30 appointment which turned out to be another interview so it's still up in the air wether I have a job or not. I did find out it will only be about 20 hours a week which hardly pays for gas, so if I don't get it oh well. I believe everything happens for a reason. It will be another day of waiting to hear from ENT, other than that not a thing in the works. Chops and cheesy potatoes for dindin,dishes, some reading, and a load of clothes should be about it.
Stay safe and warm eveyone.

Cat

Reactions: acox68

·
Registered
173 Posts
So far I have a chicken in one crock pot and ham/bean soup in the other. Between the two we should have plenty to eat this weekend without me having to do much cooking. We are having a relaxing day of homeschool with lots of reading on the agenda. Hoping to just stay around here and play some games this weekend. We have lots of driving to do next week and I don't want to have to fill up before then.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
it was not a frugal day here, but productive nonetheless!

i was OOT til late last sunday night. dd went to school monday and woke up quite sick tuesday! so, she was home until today. so needless to say, after being OOT for 4 days, i had alot of catching up to do!

today, i did 4 loads of towels (not put away just yet) put away 2 other baskets. took suitcases up to 3rd floor. showered. went to bank to get $$ to pay dogsitter. returned some books to the library. went to target for some stuff - bought way more than i really needed! sometimes target is like a curse! then to SA - browsed around - saw and got nothing. went to trader joes. went to grocery store. went to pay dogsitter. made dinner. now, havin some ME time w/ a nice glass of red wine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.