Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I'm getting ready to go to work. I did my grocery shopping yesterday so I don't need to spend money today. In fact I shouldn't have to buy anything until Sunday, newspapers are a must for the coupons and comics( I have to read Dennis the Menace).
I did my exercises, ate a bowl of cereal and took my vitamins. I'm set for the day. I hope everyone has a wonderful start to their weekend, I'll be at work.

Cat

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I'm up unreasonably early to take my teens to a seminar on college preparations, funding and such specifically geared to homeschoolers. This is so gratifying. When my oldest started college 11 years ago, it was such a hassle!! (Both older kids were finally accepted into their first choice, made dean's list and graduated on time.) Now, most major colleges actively recruit homeschoolers because of their proven track record.

Anyway, have to stop by work and drop off some paperwork
DS has Drivers' Ed
DD is teaching swim lessons
Lesson planning
Pay bills
Try and catch a nap before working 10p-6a with my favorite client, baby Elizabeth. (my substitute grandchild :) )

Have a blessed day all you Villagers!

PS I am thrilled to death that Colorado Balloon Boy is safe, and (don't take this the wrong way) thankful as all get out that he is NOT homeschooled!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Work today for me. I brought a bagel for breakfast and my own coffee, the coffee here is horrible. I'm going to go home for lunch, then tonight I need to clean and get my grocery list around and check my coupons as well. I'm going to make some soup for a friend who is coming home from the hospital after being in a car accident. I might make banana bread as well, I think I have some frozen bananas. Pretty frugal, no spending today and using stuff I already have in the cupboards. I'm going to try to menu plan around the cupboard to use up some stuff so it doesn't go to waste.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Cold and rainy here in New Jersey sent dh off to work with his lunch and a thermos of hot soup fed the the dogs and loaded the dishwasher. Wish i could go for a walk but the weather is not permitting so no exercise (sigh) I can feel the pounds packing on already lol. I have to go to Trenton with Ds 20 to find out what is wrong with his unemployment that should really be fun then I guess i will do some more laundry and cleaning and try not to lay around on the couch Have a great day everyone

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Was supposed to go to a farm today. Was cancelled because of the rain so will be saving money there.

It is a cold and rainy day today. Will be doing exercises while watching soap today. Only need to sweep and mop the floors today. Set out tea set for tomorrow. Having a few people over for tea and scones. Will be cold and rainy tomorrow, so a good day for that.

Also need to do more reading for volunteer job. Pretty easy day today. Which is good, feel like things have been a little out of control lately.

Have a great day everyone.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Good morning all! I haven't been very productive today. Got the kids to school, did a couple of loads of laundry, and unloaded the dishwasher. Other than that, I have played on the computer (facebook) all morning while listening to Dave Ramsey podcasts. Oh, I did balance my checkbook and pay the bills that are due this week.

I still need to shower, cook supper, finish laundry, then go to the football game tonight. Have a great Friday everyone!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Small amt of cleaning.

I'm shivering, so a walk sounds not good. (39 degrees)

I actually fixed my hair and put makeup on today! LOL! :toothy:

Leftovers for dinner. Awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts