Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold and icy this morning, drivers having to deal with black ice. :(
Letting the dog out this morning was a wake up call, cold and slippery, didn't fall though.

Not often I have cold/sinus problems but I'm a grump like anyone is when they don't feel their best. So grumble grumble. :p
Not much going on today and to feel better I'll lay low, drink warm tea and read. I'm in the middle of reading a pretty entertaining book by Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory. It's book one of The Obsidian Trilogy entitled The Outstretched Shadow. It's not my usual genre but it's nice to go on a fantasy adventure every once in a while. I have the other 2 books in the wings so let the adventure continue. Love the library!

Hubby will be grilling a steak we bought on sale and froze and I'll be trying a new rice recipe using up some spinach we had leftover from what wasn't used in omelets the other night.

Hubby is getting ready to go for a 5 mile walk with the dog. The dog goes everyday but freaks out every time he sees Jack get dressed because he knows it's almost time. Dog comes to me to pet & calm him as he waits as patiently as he can,lol. Going for a walk going for a walk omg omg I'm going for a walk. Woof woof

Hope you all have an exciting day doing just what makes your tail wag. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Haha Darlene, I can just picture your dog, mine do the exact same thing! They are so fun and so love their routine! It is chilly here this morning, was 29 on my way to work, not icy though. Running home for lunch. Tonight will be clean up the bathroom and try to get something on the embroidery machine. I have to get started on Christmas stuff, time is running out! I also need to go through coupons and get my list together for grocery shopping tomorrow. Just a regular ole day here! I hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hope you feel better soon Darlene.

going to do some shopping for my dad today so he will be stocked up for the winter. have to drop library books off. ds has a baseball tournament an hour from home tonight, packing snacks and drinks so we won't have to spend money at the concession stand. gas is getting ridiculously pricey again so I'm hoping I can get all my errands done in one trip. dh and I both need to fill up the cars today so that will be about $100.

not exactly a totally frugal day, but sometimes you just have to do the best you can :sigh:

·
Registered
90 Posts
TGIF! It feels like it has been a long week. I am ready for some downtime. Relaxing and reading a good book sounds glorious! Enjoy! Maybe I'll get to do that tomorrow- I've had my eye on that new Ken Follett book.

Enough dreaming about tomorrow- still have to get through today. I'm off to work for a full day of appointments- and I feel like i just left there as I was there until after 6 last night.

My house is a disaster (truly), so I'll be working on that tonight. I'm also going to list some stuff on kijiji to sell. I have a growing pile of things from the garage that need to go!

I have the urge to plan more for tonight, but I won't because if I get ome from work tired, I'll be demotivated by an overwhelming list of things to do.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I had planned on doing laundry today, but our Yellow Lab has decided that that's where she's going to have her pups. So far we've got five and counting! It's also my dh and my anniversary! 11 years though, we've been together 15. I was also going to go to the dr for some burn cream after having burned my hand very badly braising ribs the other night, but I guess that's out till all the pups are here. Guess I'll just get what laundry I can done and make a really nice dinner for the hubby. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm actually going out to lunch with a friend of mine to celebrate our birthdays. Its been months and months since I've gone "out" to lunch.

homemade pizza for dinner tonight. I bought 2lbs of pizza dough last week, cut it in half and froze it.

Too bad I feel like crap today. I've been fighting a cold all week and today is by far the worst.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Not getting much done today,but it want be afrugal day for me got go pick up grandaughter this afternoon she live about 2 hours away and she dont get set down in car until she is wanting stop eat.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Went and took a walk at a museum today. Need to get stuff together for tomorrow. Also need to do more straightening up around here. Right now I have the windows open to air the place up. It is pretty warm around here.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
DS birthday is today can't believe he's 22! It was a chilly 32 today and frost on the pumpkin! Went uptown to get a new battery for my watch and to the library and to the store too. Need to take the dog for a walk soon. Have a great Friday!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.