Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. Yup, I'm getting ready to leave for work. Yay!, it's Friday. I have had my breakfast and took my vitamins and started on my water. I'm taking my lunch. I haven't decided what to have for dinner so I'll just come home and raid my stockpile. It's going to be rainy today and tomorrow, eeeeyuck. I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the weekend, stay dry and stay warm.:grouphug:

Cat

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't know if this will be a Frugal Friday in this house today. I have to take my new doggie for her first visit to the vet for a couple of shots. Other than that I have to shop at Aldi's for a few items and then home. Pork chops for dinner tonite and whatever else I can scare up. Everyone have a good weekend. We are suppose to have a rainy Saturday and a dry breezy Sunday. :whistle:

Monner

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm up ate breakfast and took my vitamins. fed the dog & cat. It's a rainy day here so I'm going to be cleaning inside today. Need to get the bathroom walls washed down w/ammonia. Vacuum the livingroom. Need to dust also. Have an idea for dinner. Have a good Friday everyone!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Good Morning! Sitting here checking out the posts while having some toast and peanut butter and a cup of tea. It is rainy and windy here today. Will be going home for lunch, not sure what I'm going to do about dinner, maybe I'll just make a bowl of popcorn! :) Need to catch up on some laundry do some vacuuming and start my grocery list and check out my coupons. Going to go to Costco this weekend, I haven't been for a couple of months, I need to stock up on a couple of items and get some meat. I haven't felt like cooking lately so maybe having a selection of meat will help that.

I hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
A happy morning to all from me in New Jersey where it is cloudy and cool but definately not cold. Family is out the door and dishwasher loaded dogs fed yard cleaned I am about to go for my morning walk and then have some breakfast and tackle the day going to do some laundry just put one load in the dryer and clean up Its suppose to rain this weekend but thats ok because we will be busy cleaning out the basement hope everyone has a great friday

·
Registered
51 Posts
At work- took vitamin ( which I haven't taken in the past couple of days- and boy can I tell!), ate breakfast (had a free sandwich from mcdonalds), brought lunch. Hoping to find some yummy simple crockpot recipes to try next week. Goals for the weekend : spare bathroom cleaned, aidens room cleaned, laundry, house vacuumed!

Have a great weekend!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Kids had dental apts this morning. Just ordered a christening gown for DGS (fingers crossed it gets here by next weekend). Got paid today so I have to pay bills out. It is still raining but I am hoping to get the DSs outside to dig up a post in the front yard. I figure it will be easier with the ground so soft.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Took my walk, showered, at breakfast, caught the bus downtown. Was able to stay out of the stores. Kept on reminding myself that I was going to a farm on Tuesday and it would be better to buy stuff there.

It is another dreary day here. A really good day for a nap. Which my kitty is waiting for me to do.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I worked until 6am, and was so excited 'cause my little vent-baby patient was TRYING SO HARD to turn over and sit up by herself during the night. Granted, she was supposed to be sleeping :) , but nurse Mary let her play awhile!!She's 16 months old and this is quite an accomplishment for her. (she's what I call my 'assistant substitute grandbaby')

Slept til noon, and have been just fooling around waiting for the magical zombie elixir of life (black, two splendas) to start working!!

Was saddened to hear of the the death of Soupy Sales this morning- remember his TV show and how much I looked forward to it. So I spent a little time on a trip down memory lane courtesty of YouTube.

I've got some desk work to do before I get packed to go to my speaking engagement this afternoon. Need to figure out how to get there.

Yesterday, a fully loaded propane gas tanker wrecked and exploded at the junction of I-465 (the loop around Indianapolis) and I-69 (the road that leads to the major suburbs). The bridge was damaged from the force of the blast, and that whole quarter of Indy's busiest section of road are closed. This is going to be a nightmare, and of course, that's exactly where I need to get past to get to me destination. Hello, back roads!!

I'm really looking forward to this retreat, my batteries need a little charging!! Hope you all have a great weekend!!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Happy Friday to everyone. I am having a hard time concentrating on work. I was told I'm being layed off....severly hampers the motivation.....

I am looking forward to a good weekend. Have a good friend coming over for dinner on Saturday and my ds's bday on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ack! Mary, I-465 is horrible to begin with. I'm glad I don't have to drive it anymore.

Cat

·
19,119 Posts
Today is our first furlough Friday - all public schools are closed for 17 Fridays this year and next to free up some money for the governor. Means almost a month's loss of education for our students and an 8% decrease in our paychecks. Such is life - and of course it is now in the courts.

So, DH and I got up early to go out to breakfast for our 27th anniversary. A friend have us a coupon for one free breakfast - fun time - something we both enjoy doing, but don't often due to finances - when we do, it's an extra special treat!!

I will be staying home this weekend - want to nest for a while. Have lots of great things planned - cleaning, playing, swimming, decluttering, cooking!! Need to recharge and this is the best and most frugal way to do it!!

We are eating from freezer and pantry - shall get vvery creative.

Have a great Friday all!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy anniversay mauimagic.:applause:

Cat

·
Registered
290 Posts
Happy Anniversary, Mauimagic!!!

Hope you and your hubby had a wonderful day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts