Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo-hoo, it's Friday!!

And in my heart I declare that it will, indeed, be a frugal one! Let's see if I can put that plan into action!

Work for me today. I enjoy Fridays, though, as our company buys donuts and we are able to wear jeans. Yay, two of my favorite things!!

I got a fire started this morning with very little trouble, and I'm still in shock. Dare I say I've got the hang of this? I'll be a pyromaniac yet! Hopefully it will keep going for a few hours while I'm gone so the furnace kicks on for a shorter period of time today. It's supposed to be very cold this weekend, so the stove will get put to good use!

Will be cleaning a little tonight and then preparing for dd2's bday party tomorrow. I have treat bags to stuff and cupcakes to make. Yikes, this is a first for me to make the cupcakes instead of pre-ordering them from a bakery. Not that I don't make them all the time, but it's still one more thing for me to do. It's all in the name of frugalness!

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

G

·
Another big fan of "casual Fridays" here - had my blue jeans all ready to go last night! And today happens to be free lunch as part of "employee appreciation day."

Tonight's big adventure for me is going to be grocery shopping after work. DH is hanging out with a friend, so I will take DS by myself. Hoping to stay under $100.

·
27,948 Posts
Positive energy surrounds you today Vanessa!:thumb:

Nice fire going here too, started by hubby who is oh so much better at it than I am.
I will be spending a bit of money today stopping at the grocery store to pick up a few things we are out of after my post surgery appointment this afternoon. Can't wait to see what the toe looks like & hope I get the OK to move around more. I had a talk with the coffee table and told it to behave. My toe doesn't need it to jump out and hurt it anymore, especially when it's all tender and healing. I hope it listened. ;)

Off to go finalize the grocery list. Have a great day all!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Just a few chores this morning and then off to spend the weekend with the grandchildren. Shared birthday party for the 2 girls. Should be fun but probably not all that frugal!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Sunny and a little warmer today. Got a call from DH wanting to have company over tomorrow for supper. Going to run to the store then some cleaning.Will be a busy, busy day. Hope you all have a good one!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Just enjoying the sun today.:sun: I got up at 6:30 and took a shower. Then I went into town and put my application in at 2 places so I can get my unemployment check. I dropped off a box of items to Goodwill and can't wait to get another one ready. I folded a load of clothes and have some dusting to do and dishes to put away. Hope you gals have a great day.

Cat

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Today is the start of a long needed week of doing nothing!!! Went for a walk and found myself in the thriftstore. Was able to pick up a down knee length coat for $35. The coat looks brand new. So with the boots I ordered and this coat I will be definately ready for the coming winter.

I had some frozen cranberries and frozen blueberries in the freezer and made a jam out of them. Turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I plan to stay in today - which isn't hard to do with a hoblet needing help all day long :D - I plan to clean the kitchen up and restore it once my crockpot chicken stock is done simmering away, sweep & wash floors then clean both bathrooms as I've been trying to do all week. :sigh: Anything above and beyond that is gravy....dinner will be leftovers :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.