Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year's Eve!!! A busy day ahead.
~ Deposit DH's paycheck at credit union
~ Take piggy bank and deposit all change collected during the 2nd half of this year--this will go toward DH's student loan payment
~ 2 loads of laundry
~ Put away clean laundry
~ Change sheets
~ Clean off desk. I've GOT to get this paper madness under control!

Have a happy and safe New Year!

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Happy New Year's Eve
~laundry hanging on rack already
~muffins for kids' breakfasts
~going to go search coupon sites in a minute
~going out to lunch with my dd which is a TREAT and our Christmas present to each other

·
27,948 Posts
Hey busy people! Looks like you are off to a good start.
Beautiful sunrise this morning. The blue sky and reddish orange glow to everything was so pretty. "Red sky at morning sailers take warning" I tried to capture it with my camera but it's hard to do it justice. I'll share what pics I did get though.
I've got hubby on board to help me with that porch closet I mentioned yesterday I think. It'll be a quick job with the 2 of us. We'll be staying home once again so no money flying out the door. Dinner will be homemade pizza made for pennies and tasting like a million bucks. Pepperoni, sliced paper thin with our meat slicer, mushrooms & 2 kinds of cheese.
Think I'll do a load of laundry and hang it upstairs too.
Hope you all have a picture perfect day!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good morning ladies. I got up at 7 and DH was home from work. Nice.
Let's see. So far I have made a pot of coffee and I'm enjoying my second cup. I have a load of clothes in the dryer and another in the washer. I need to put dishes away, fold clothes when they are done, read, work on my Logic Puzzles :hurray:, take out trash, and maybe clean out my car if the sun comes out. It is 46 degrees at the moment but no sunshine. Blah. I think I'll send DH out to buy his dinner tonight and I'll eat a pork fritter sandwich. I don't feel like getting dressed to go into the store for something. I was at the store yesterday getting tomorrow's dinner and didn't even think about today.OOOPS. That should cover it. Have a wonderful day and see you all next year.

Cat

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning from the warmth of my bed! Woo-hoo!!!

FINALLY, a day off! It's been a long and exhausting Christmas "break"! Today will be playing with the kids and then cleaning the house. DH made an ice luge down the front of our yard for the kids to go sledding. I'm guessing there may be a visit to the er, probably for me. Yikes, looks fun, though! :)

Tonight we are going to our "friends" house for New Year's. We feel like the 3rd wheel when we are all together, but oh well. We were invited, and I didn't know how to gracefully bow out. Especially since their sons are our son's bffs. Drink, anyone?!? :)

Have a wonderful last day of 2010~

-Vanessa

·
Registered
772 Posts
I need to get motivated... I think I said the same thing a few days ago.
Today I need to
~ clean up our office area
~ finish laundry and wash all the sheets
~ vacuum and mop

friends are coming over tonight for a low key gathering

Enjoy the last day of 2010!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Happy NEW YEARS eve!!:grwave:

So Far...
biscuit donuts for breakfast--running on a sugar buzz now
Trash taken out
Litterbox cleaned
Laundry in the works

On the agenda...
Finish all laundry--I want to kick off the new year with no dirty laundry
Mini-clean bathroom
Run the vac
make coleslaw

That's it otherwise just whatever. No plans tonight we stay in.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Walked to the grocery store. Was able to pick up everything I needed for company on Sunday.

Will watch soap then get busy straightening up and dusting. Need to make batter for cookies. Also want to scrub the stovetop and do clean the sliding glass doors.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Oldest dd decided to move back into the bedroom with her sisters, which left the old office space available. As the best Christmas present ever DH told me I could do whatever I wanted with the room!! So, I am making it into my own craft room/library/guest room for my mother!! I've got the furniture & books all organized so my focus today is to declutter all the craft supplies out of our bedroom and into that room and organize it! And, since I am repurposing furniture and like the color of the room none of this is costing us a penny. I've already found material and yarn I had forgotten about.

DH is trying to patch my tire that went flat earlier this week. If he can't patch it he will buy a used one and take the van down to a friend's who builds racing trucks and can put the tire on the rim/balance for us.

After messing with the tire DH is planning on going to pick up more firewood at his parent's property.

I'm calling dinner tonight "Out With The Old" we have a bunch of ingredients in the frig that need to be used up, so will throw some sort of pasta dish together using that.

DH may take the older girls downtown to watch the acorn drop at midnight. I'll stay home with the younger ones. Or we may just all stay home tonight, pop some popcorn and watch movies.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good afternoon, all!

It's been a GREAT day so far! I was able to "sleep myself out" and then went to Sally's and Petco to pick up a few items. It was still a Frugal Friday though because everything I purchased was on sale! Whoo hoo!

In other good news, I started watching my calories again on December 3rd.....on December 31 I weighed myself and have lost......<drumroll please>......7.2 pounds!!! Yahoo!

Our friends crapped out on us for tonight, so now we are staying home and having our own NYE celebration. We will make panini's, homemade hot spinach dip, and cake as well as play some games and watch movies till the ball drops!

Have a wonderful NYE celebration tonight!

·
Registered
173 Posts
So far today I have gotten a lot of laundry done while the kids enjoyed the first real snowfall we have had this year. They had some homemade blueberry oatmeal and the hot chocolate mix we made the other day and are now warming back up. I hope to get the Christmas tree out and finish up our cleaning today. I also plan on going through our freezer to see how many meals I can make before I have to go grocery shopping again. That is one of my resolutions. To be more careful with my meal planning and not let food get lost in the freezer!

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Today I made two loaves of banana bread instead of throwing the overripe bananas away. Went to Kroger and got:
8 cans Progresso soup
cabbage
Dawn detergent
Febreeze aerosol
3 avocados
Crest toothpaste--free travel size included
Herbel essence shampoo
Herbel essence conditioner
cat food
dried black-eyed peas
Nora Roberts paperback
Bounce dryer sheets
Olay body wash--free lotion on container
Candle
Downy fabric softener
Christmas cookies--half off
Reese's Christmas candy--half off
Christmas m&ms--half off

coupons--$9.25
store bonus coupons--$2.50
Kroger plus savings--$23.36
Total savings--$35.11
47% savings

Total cost--$41.33

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.