Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:coffee3: Beautiful sunny/breezy day!

Washed 3 loads of laundry in cold water and hung out. :laundry: It should be dry in no time, we are having gale winds! LOL! Hope I have those clothespins on tight!

Other than that---knitting, some reading, fold and put away clothes, make dinner, and live long and prosper. :galien:

LOL! I'm in a goofy mood today! :toothy:

How's YOUR Friday going??

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
oh, hum.. it was grocery day. So not so frugal but better then eating out.

I had the kids make the treats for the week rather then buying premade ones. Kills two birds with one stone as it keeps the kids entertained without spending extra money.

·
19,119 Posts
Great idea AnnK!!

Today I

work from 7-12
drive to the other side to:
drop off payroll sheets
Dr.'s appt
hit the stores - Walmart, Costco, ETC
may go to the movies!!

Home to shred, shred, shred!!

Looking forward to some time to myself on the other side!!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Washed a load of clothes in cold water and hung them out to dry
had leftovers for lunch
kept the lights off until it was to dark to read in the house (its grey and cloudy out there today)
Checked out books from the library
did friday errands in a circle to save gas
Made dinner out of things from the pantry
refused an invitation to go shopping with my Mom ( I have no self control once I am in a store so I stay home when I can)

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I went through cupboards and closets and cabinets and gathered a bunch of stuff for the yard sale we will have soon.

We're eating leftovers tonight--we have spaghetti and stir-fry veggies with chicken over rice.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Did my morning routine, went to the cemetary to pickup 2 news vases to replace stolen ones, did my Wii Fitness, unpacked some artwork, watered plants, dead head roses. Now it's time to make supper

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Today was a great day. I spent it playing tennis!! LOL. We are getting ready to go out to eat, a treat from our kids for our anniversary. Then a movie. A fun frugal night on the kiddies dime. So appreciated.Hope you had a good one!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Packed my lunch for work today. Dh made dinner hamburgers & french fries.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I toured my college campus today, went to a seminar and then
GRADUATED WITH MY BACHELOR'S DEGREE!!!!!!Other than that, not much :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My frugal Friday

Today, I:

*(By now, you all know that I drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning, and reuse the filter for the second one, so keep that in mind for my future posts, cuz I don't want to be redundant.)

1. Did a whole lot of gardening stuff (refer to my update on Waste-Not-Wednesday); there's still more left (garden-work left-overs)
2. Send an e-mail birthday card to a family member
3. Freebie/coupon hunted on the net; connected with friendly and encouraging internet-folks
4. Got mail: and received a freebie Gillette Embrace razor!!!
5. Made pancakes, with chokecherry syrup for supper
6. Watched a good VCR movie

7. I'm keeping an eye on my homemade Ginger Ale that has been sitting on my kitchen counter for 3 1/2 days. The house has been cool, so it hasn't carbonated in the 2 days the recipe specified. However, the plastic bottle feels much harder tonight, and it is harder to dent the top area, tiny bubbles are rising to the surface when the bottle is moved, so I think I'll consider it done tonight. I'll set it in the fridge to chill overnight (that stops the carbonation process), and tomorrow I'll test it. Will let you know how it turns out. This is my first try at making homemade fizz, and I want to keep working on the recipe till I get it right, and then try some variations. :confused:

8. Will snuggle under a warm comforter tonight and read a good book. It's pretty chilly outside.
9. NO SPEND DAY

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Stayed home until afternoon.Bought a few groceries. My DS cooked pie in a dutch oven and made fish for lunch on the grill.
For dinner we had steaks and there is plenty for luch tommorrow.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
:congrats: Mary.
Today I worked from 8am to 8pm. I only had about 2 hours of sleep last night so I'm taking 2 Advil pm and hitting the sack in a few minutes. See you all in the morning.

Cat

·
Registered
4 Posts
- nearly drove on "E" while I ran my errands (until I found the cheapest gas on the way back home)
-saved $18 using coupons on my groceries and households
- went to the dollar store on the way home to buy spices 2 for $1 instead of paying nearly $2-$4 at walmart
- re-arranged my stockpile in my pantry, this took over an hour
- got online to find cheap frugal recipes to help stockpile last even longer (doing now)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts