Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have to work, but only til 2! The weather is supposed to be beautiful. I'll be coming home to catch up on some laundry and clean up around the house, and then after dinner maybe take the boys for a walk somewhere peaceful!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think I am going to pack my husband and I a picnic lunch and head to Bennington Vermont. It is only a hour and a half away and they are having their Moosefest going on. It is fiberglass moose and each of them are decorated differently, they are full size and will be auctioned off in the fall. They are throughout the downtown and around the whole town. They have a lovely downtown and many little stores and shops. There are also many covered bridges in the area and a lot of history. Last time we were there we ate our picnic lunch next to a covered bridge, just loved it. It is much more frugal to make your own lunch then we stop in a little cafe on Main St. and each of us get a huge homemade choco chip cookie and a coffee for hubby and an ice tea for me and it is around $5.00 plus we get to set outside at cafe tables and people watch. I have to get my sandwiches started have a nice Friday everyone.

Monner :biggrin:

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
~I have my weekly cleaning to do(straighten, sweep, mop, vacuum, dust), 3 loads of laundry to wash and hang out, 2 calls to make, a few things to buy online, and a shopping list to make for tomorrow. I'm afraid I'm going to be out all stinking day unless I plan it better.
Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!~

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
~Weird glitch for a double post! At least I haven't experienced it before.
I used the quick reply box and waited over 2 minutes after I hit Post Quick Reply. It brought up my post in the Go Advanced setting and said that I should wait 20 seconds between posts. I only clicked it once!~

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I think I am going to pack my husband and I a picnic lunch and head to Bennington Vermont. It is only a hour and a half away and they are having their Moosefest going on. It is fiberglass moose and each of them are decorated differently, they are full size and will be auctioned off in the fall. They are throughout the downtown and around the whole town. They have a lovely downtown and many little stores and shops. There are also many covered bridges in the area and a lot of history. Last time we were there we ate our picnic lunch next to a covered bridge, just loved it. It is much more frugal to make your own lunch then we stop in a little cafe on Main St. and each of us get a huge homemade choco chip cookie and a coffee for hubby and an ice tea for me and it is around $5.00 plus we get to set outside at cafe tables and people watch. I have to get my sandwiches started have a nice Friday everyone.

Monner :biggrin:

I don't know how far Bennington is from Manchester, but the outlet stores in Manchester are having a huge clearance sales, up to 75% off in alot of the stores! I was thinking of making a trip over there this weekend. But it's about 1-1.5 hours from me! Enjoy your picnic, it sounds so nice!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Happy Friday everyone! I'm taking a long weekend and going to Michigan with some friends. I'm going to try and be frugal on this trip.

My goals for today:

- run for 35 minutes - DONE
- I'll eat breakfast and have my coffee at home
- work a couple of hours from home

Have a great weekend!
TD

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~Take DS#3 for allergy shot
~Do a load of laundry
~Regular cleaning
~Call mom to check on step-dad
~Attend school event this evening for DS#3
~Check prices on textbooks for DS#2, DH, and I
~Pay for DH's Fall tuition
~Try to enjoy the weekend because the staff starts back to work on Monday. Summer will be officially over for me!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
1. tidy up the house (should only take an hour, we've been good this week)
2. check out the garden,
3. order some stuff on-line,
4. make a to-do list for hubby (still healing & can't lift anything)
5. make jam & pickles

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
So far, had pest control out for routine treatment. Working on some laundry. Coffee and then more coffee, DD decided to wake up at 2 am and wasn't crazy about the sleeping after that. Must fit in shower sometime. Doing all the stuff I should do on the weekend because we are driving 3 hours for a bday party tomorrow and then 3 hours back...not looking forward to that.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Friday is supposed to be a light day, just daily chores and a quick wipe in the bathroom. But I didn't get yesterday's weekly tasks done or finish Wednesday. I think I need to tweak my schedule. I try to clean the livingroom on Thursdays, but wait until the evening because it is in use during the day. Then the evening rolls around and I'm too tired to do it. Wednesdays I'm supposed to do the basement, but I always put it off because I hate going down there. Mondays and Tuesdays I do fine.

Lol, now I'll spend the rest of the day scheduling tasks instead of doing them :)

I have a load of laundry to hang, need to figure out supper, meal plan & shopping list for next week. All the curriculum I ordered showed up today, so I'm going to look through that, but I'm making myself do a reasonable amount of housework first.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I got up at O'Dark-thirty to help one of my vent patient's mom get him loaded up and taken to Indianapolis for a neuro appointment- I left the house at 6 and just got home!!!

Need to d o a little laundry so I have clean scrubs for the weekend,

Figure out what to do with the chicken in my crockpot - maybe throw in some adobo, tomatoes and green peppers from the garden and cook up some rice??? We'll see!

Pay bills, run to the bank.

Take a nap 'cause I also have to work 10p-6a tonight for another vent baby. Not bad though, she generally sleeps all night so I get some writing and planning done - IF she sleeps all night, if not, all bets are off!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
hung a load of clothes out ,made home made butter ,picked up pay check ,bought a few Christmas presents.Had to pay on my copper brake lines (2 weeks ago I had to have new brake lines they replaced with 90.00 dollars copper lines) .Then I just chilled the rest of the day and played pogo.It is suppose to be in the 90's so will go kayaking and swimming Sat not sure about Sun have a good week end every one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts