Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far have done the usual AM routine re: food & coffee for DH and dropped him at work. Folded a load of laundry and prepped another to be washed tonight when the rates drop. Unloaded d/w and put dishes away and done away with breakfast.

Still need to:
* pop up to the cemetery and put a wreath up for mom
* take dad to the dr's
* take dad to a specialty store in the mall - ugh!
* prob have lunch out
* lastly, gas up the truck again - 2nd time this week :thud:

Hopefully dad won't have too much of a hidden agenda.

:cowwave: At least its nice and sunny out today! Have a great day everyone

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Morning!
Today is low key...drop off books(forgot to yesterday)...pick up a parcel...supper in slowcooker...take the recycling in...declutter...visit my brother and nephew w/ Sophie. I can't believe how fast this month is flying...feels like it was just November.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Nice sunny day today. Stayed in bed late today. Will go for a walk later on. Thought of going to the thriftstore but fortunately the urge has passed. So no spend day and will just take it easy and soak up the sunshine while it is still here.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Doing some crafts with dd and enjoying finally feeling better. We've all been grumpy and sick since Monday. Dniece has strep throat and she was here on saturday, but we dont have any symptoms. Thankfully. We just picked up the common cold at the christmas party on sunday.

Cleaning stuff I've neglected all week. Homemade pizza for supper.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Definitely not a frugal day here. Did all the grocery shopping. I guess you could say it was frugal, since I only bought what I needed and nothing else. Looked through the ads to compare prices for the best deals. Got a free jar of yeast and six free bags of dog treats. Stopped at different stores to get the best deals, only to find a better unadvertised deal at the last store. Oh well.

Really stocked up on dog treats. I had a lot of coupons for BOGO that expire soon. Used them at walmart and got the full amount the coupon allowed instead of what they charge. Good deal there. That should last us a while.

Got a free lotion from CVS. Didn't realize they'd give the full amount on the coupon too, so got the kleenex for $0.84.

Dinner is potluck at church tonight.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
it has not been frugal here at all this week...spend, spend, and more spending!!!

today got eyebrows and upper lipped waxed, had haircut (been 7 wks) to the tune of a total of $123!!!

shopped, bought a case of wine...at least got a discount for that! lol....

made a new recipe for tuscan bean soup in CP...pretty darn good if i dont say so myself...of course dd wont touch it....

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Worked today so packed lunch then came home & ate leftovers. Watching Christmas movie on Tv.

Reactions: oheoh's momma

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Not too frugal of a day here. There was a billing error with our health insurance so we had to pay that in full. Still paying a hospital bill monthly. Just thankful that we have health insurance and that payment options are available.

Then I bought my mom a Christmas gift. That is fun spending though.

Ending the rest of the day by going to WM there were a few things that I had to pick up and got milk while I was there saving me a trip to the grocery store.

No more spending today.

A2M

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Frugal has been out the window as of late but trying to get back on track...worked today and made a little money....Paid bills...Five dollar pizza was our supper . My oven is not working so hubs brought home a Peperidge Farm cake and Paige brought home a pie....

watching movie tonite and relaxing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts