Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last two days, I have creamed and put up 40 quarts of corn and 20 quarts of field peas all from my uncle's garden. He and aunt Crystal gave me 1/2 of the corn and since I have my own peas, I didn't take any of those. I did take the corn though cause they don't eat it that much (their DD's family does). When my corn comes in next week, I'll cut it and put it up and also put up whole ears. I will be picking, shelling and putting up my peas today, and also putting up more squash. In between all that, I will wash a few loads of clothes and that's about it for today. Oh, and cook supper. I'm thinking fresh field peas and creamed corn will be on the menu, LOL.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Quiet day here, dh worked all night, so just hanging out quietly today. Starting new knitting project, light housework. DD has bible school tonight.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Yum, it sounds like a yummy meal. You're the man, doing all that canning and preserving. I'm gonna make salsa like nobody's business but otherwise I'm not putting much else up.

Today for me it's:

~hopefully workout (haven't felt like it in many days now--think I'll ride my bike or go for a walk)
~change my bed
~pay some bills
~get some junk out of the trunk of my car, backseat too...been hauling around a bunch of crapola that I've been too lazy to carry in and put away.
~mop the floors

If I get all that done I'm sure I'll be spent. I've got so little energy from being sick that I can't believe it. Anyway today is a better day and I'm thrilled.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
:coffee: Good morning!! I stayed up kinda late last night finishing my Dream Swatch Headwrap so I'm kind of groggy. Extra coffee for me.

It's a beautiful, cool morning here in Northern NY. Two days ago it was nearly 100*, today it might not even reach 70* lol. I'll take it. It's a welcome relief!

Today I need to:
~wash & hang out laundry
~fold & put away laundry
~vacuum, AGAIN. I swear, someday I'm going to shave all 8 of my animals bald!!
~knit
~take the kids outside to play
~pick up the backporch, it's become a great place for the kids to play when it's too hot or raining outside
~make homemade eggrolls for dinner, since it's cool enough to use the deep fryer
~clean my bathroom :puck:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
A rainy, rainy day here.So far I have:
*Walked- used my big umbrella and hoped no lightning
* Made bed and picked up bedroom
* Pet chores
*Cleaned office
* Cleaned both staircases and vacuumed runners
Still to do:
* Clean upstairs
*Bike tonight if there is a break in the rain
*Transfer some recipes from magazines into my folders
Have a great day!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
today is Angel Food Friday so we will be there from 2:30 till 9:30....I have lots of laundry to put away and a few things left to wash...I may just lazy around and read a book this morning...I feel kinda wiped:rest:

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Cloudy but cooler with some light showers. I need to:
vaccumn
laundry
clean baths
go to bank
pack for the trip

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
There are a lot of things I need to do today, but I am not sure how much I will actually do.

Mom is going to pick up DD around lunch to take her for her check up. She is getting the cervical cancer vaccine plus a couple of other vaccinations today and she hates shots. She is not a happy camper.

The pool needs to ba vacummed and some more water added. (DD's job)

Need to water the yard. I have not watered it all week since we were not here.

Need to drop off the power bill ($486) and the water bill ($345) but I may wait until the weekend and let DH drive me. I hate driving in that area.

Need to go to Home Depot and buy some quater round (?) so DH and a friend of ours can finish the new floor tomorrow.

Need to pick up the big dog from the boarding facility once they call to say he has been groomed.

Need to go to the post office and mail the house payment.

Remind DH to file his expense report from our trip before he misplaces all of the reciepts and cannot get our money back.

Go to the bread store and pick up 100 calorie packs - they have them for $1 a box.

·
8,714 Posts
~Mild(75-80*) and rainy here today. Finally a break from the horrible heat! I'll be baking a week's worth of bread and goodies today and freezing them. I have to marinate some chicken for tomorrow. Tonight I think I'll make pizza. I think I'll also do a quick pick-up and vacuum the living room tonight. So basically just chores. Very dull.~

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Today we only have 40% chance of rain. Hopefully the sun will stay out and dry things up.

Not much on the agenda today except laundry. I have laundry to do and hopefully can get it hung on the line to dry.....if the sun will stay out.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Had an AWESOME!!!!!! Day today. I got to met Paula Deen!! She was here in town giving a cooking school at my local Publix. There were only 48 people allowed in, I got my tickets 3 monthes ago. She was there with her husband Michael from 10 am til 2pm. Got several pictures and got 2 of my cookbooks signed.
She is just as sweet in person as she is on tv. What a nice lady.
My day is made.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I am so tired today that I got next to nothing done.

On the way home from the grocery store, my power steering went out in my car :thud: so we have to run the car to the repair shop when DH gets home from work.

It hasn't rained here yet so I will probably go water my gardens later.

Have a great rest of the day!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
My gosh, are those pups nails painted? TOO CUTE! :laugh:

Today I worked, supposedily got to leave early b/c of the long weekend here - Canada Day and all and since I did the basic pick up/tidy up/laundry last night all I have left to do today is sit and rest :tay: I popped into Costco after work with my boss to use her membership for a few things but other then that I just may run the vaccum later but I cant believe no one wants to pull me in any direction. Not one soul. My sister doesnt want me to help her finish packing and start moving, bf is sleeping (he was on nights last night) and now Im at a complete loss - I have nothing to do.

Me thinks a nap is in order!

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
~ No spending!!!
~ Went to Job 1 from 8:30 to 4:30
~ Went to the gym
~ Came home, spending a relaxing evening cleaning and cooking (my favorite things!)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Well, we have a showing of the house between 7:00 - 8:00 tonight. Odd time, huh? But, I don't want to turn away ANY potential buyers. Though I did want to say to the agent (and probably should have) how about coming during Open House Saturday or Sunday? LOL! Dh took the kids swimming for a few hours and I'm gonna have to spend most of my nice, quiet time making the house all perfect for the showing! I'll just make the best of it and put on some upbeat music and get it done without kids underfoot. :lol3: It has been almost 4 months now, and we STILL haven't sold our house. Ugh!! I'm beyond frustration. We have come down on the price 5 times! This weekend should tell us a lot, because the Open House will be advertised in two places and our price is now lower than anything in our area for the square footage. Wish me luck! :nerv2:

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The house is looking great, I'm still putting on the finishing touches when the agent shows up at 6:45 by himself, apologizes and cancels! :thud:

Hoping for the best this weekend . . . :sigh:

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh no, I used to hate when that would happen when we sold the last house we built. It took us 1 year to sell it, so I know how frustrating it is. Hang in there sweetie, the right person will come along, and it will sell. Location was the problem for us. The house was 3 years old, beautiful, brick, with a two car garage and all the extra's, but it was out in the country, and it just took the right people to come along and appreciate it. Praying your home sells quickly. Keep us posted on how the open house goes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts