Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is information from a radio discussion I heard on NPR...can save LOTS of $

Online Tool Lets Patients Negotiate With Doctors
It would never occur to most people to haggle over healthcare costs. But it turns out that doctors, hospitals and labs are willing to negotiate. And in fact, surveys show that when people try to bring down their out-of-pocket medical costs, they are successful 70 percent of the time. Dr. Jeff Rice helps companies negotiate healthcare costs and has also launched the healthcare bluebook, which lets consumers get an idea of how much a medical procedure could cost. In one case, Dr. Rice was able to bring a $37,000 fee for a hospital down to just $1,500. He’ll tell us how he did it and offer advice to others on how to negotiate healthcare costs.

Healthcare Blue Book

Take care.

Rhonda

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just found out today we have a mandatory meeting tomorrow b/c our health insurance is changing for the worst with the new health care laws. This will be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow. That's great news - I never would have thought it could be negotiable! When we move back to the US, dh & I will be jobless, & we have 2 little ones so if we do need healthcare before we get insurance, this info def will be handy! :kitty:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.