Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have one and what do you keep in it.Ie; categories,mine is a Frugal/holiday planner since I make and plan christmas all year round as with birthday parties,school parties etc.I'm just wondering if I'm leaving anything out.Here's what I have so far I have3 dividers left.

MAIN BUDGET-a sheet of our yearly and monthy main budget

MONTHLY BUDGET-a sheet of each months expences,income(including rebates side jobs)

GAS,GROCERY,MEDICAL BUDGET-sorta like a challenge to stay under the budget I keep in monthly budget.I record ever penny spent and where on groceries,gas and now our medical bills since lauren has to get allergy shots and prescriptions every month

YARD SALE NEEDS-a list of things we need but can do without untill i spot it at a yard sale,I also wrote down top price would pay for each item

GROCERY NEEDS-the begining of each month I write what we are getting short on and need to replace and so I don't buy so much of one thing when I allready have it

CLOTHES INVENTORY-inventory of the kiddos clothes in their closets and what I have in storage for them to grow into

FRUGAL RECIPIES-hope this one explains itself lol

MONEY TRACKER-track everyday spending

MONTHLY MENU-for everythnig including snacks

CHRISTMAS BUDGET-main budget,and budget for each person we give to

GIFT CLOSET INVENTORY-inventory of gifts I got on sale

HOMEMADE GIFTS-list of ideas directions and who they are for

GIFT IDEAS-each person we give to has a sheet of ideas on what to give them

PARTY IDEAS-ideas for parites for the kids birthdays,recipies,games instructions,hm decorations instructions

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
That is some major organization ya got there!!! I did something like this during my preganancy, and kept info about baby shower, list of baby names, needs, list of things to take to the hospital, appointment notes, things to look up and to ask about etc. I am kthinking i need to start one like yours!! Great idea!

·
27,948 Posts
I don't have one but what a great idea! You go girl!:)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I think you have a great notebook there. Sounds like you have it all covered.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!I think I'm in some kind of organizing mood,let me tell ya you should see my house,nothing is out of place I don't know why I've become this way.I also have a huge price book and a notebook for laurens asthma-kinda like a journal of each days meds PFM readins etc.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have a notebook that I use to keep track of grocery spending, payment from surveys and decoy mail, anything free we get, how much I save using coupons and store cards, and how much I save with sales and clearance prices. These are the things that I work with the most while trying to be more frugal and it's helped a lot to see how much I can save and get for free, as well as how much I spend on groceries a month; since starting this I've managed to cut our grocery bill in half and some months even more than half.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is an awesome idea Amanda. I need to make something like that for myself. :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great idea Amanda! :thumb:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Ok. I think I need to do this myself! Thanks for the idea! I think it sounds wonderful. You have it all covered. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Wow! You have way more covered in yours than I do in mine.:) Mind if I borrow some of your ideas?:)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have yet to set up a Frugal Notebook thank you Amanda for the reminder to set one

I have yet to set up a Frugal Notebook thank you Amanda for the reminder to set one up.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Bumping...has anyone started one since this thread started? I had one that I started for my family vacation to Maine. Almost filled up a 70 pg spiral notebook!! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts