Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm cooking lunch at home, watching a Monk marathon, knitting for Christmas 2009!
Also, watching the wind whip through the trees...it's supposed to FREEZE tonight!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
try to get some homework done. my cousin it coming over in a couple of hours

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Making dinner in the crockpot
Going for a small walk and working out to a pregnancy yoga video that I've borrowed from the library
Cleaning the apartment
Clipping coupons and making a grocery list for next week

·
Banned
952 Posts
So far I've:
bought papers for the coupons
went to walmart and got new sneakers for the gym $11, and clogs $3.50, 3 tank tops $3 each, rotisserie chicken for supper
I also planted my 2 black berry bushes ( whew! what a workout!)
cleaned the rabbit hutch
did a load of laundry and hung it out
now, I'm going to just hang out and maybe watch the boob tube. maybe go thru some of my summer clothes and switch them out with the winter ones. I dunno. Felling like a lazy afternoon really. LOL

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It's a cloudy rainy day here. I am being lazy. I don't plan on doing much of anything today. DH and DS are gone fishing, DD is at a birthday party, so it's just me and the pooch....nice.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am doing laundry and picking up the house as I go along today, I really need to clean my laundry room, but am not feeling up to it right now. Later I am coloring eggs with the foster kids for Easter!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
My bell choir played in church this morning, so I was there for most of the morning. Then, I headed to ShopRite and did the shopping for the week, armed with my coupons. When I got home, dh and the kids were playing hockey on the deck, and then I made them lunch. The kids played in the stream for awhile and now are blowing bubbles in the street.

I have to sing a German requiem at 4 today, so I'll be providing some free entertainment to people. :) I've got the dishwasher running and we are having burgers and dogs for dinner when I get home from the concert.

Tonight, probably a quiet night. I either am getting a migraine or have a killer sinus headache, that no medication seems to be helping. :(

·
Registered
121 Posts
:hug2:
It is a beautiful day here in N. Texas! Here is what I have done so far today:
Clipped coupons and made grocery list
Cooked brunch
Put beans in crockpot for tomorrow
Did 2 loads of laundry
Put out my lawn flag I bought for $1

What I am going to do:
Going to visit my mother at assisted living
Going to grocery store
Finish laundry
Cook supper and
Relax with my 1st book of my April Book Challenge

Lynn

NEO April Chall: 0/30
Coupon Chall: $2.00
April Reading Chall: 0/2
Change Jar Chall: $8.80
April Gro. Chall: $27.69/$250

·
Registered
178 Posts
Grooming the dog and doing laundry with vinegar for fabric sofenter.
It's just too darn wet and cold to take the big dog for his walk. I talked DH into doing it for me. It's a good day.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Working up a load of veggies and strawberries I was given this am. Made 4 stops on the way home to share some of this free stuff and still have a ton left.
Glad to see I'm not the only MONK fan. Got him on the tube in the livingroom while I peel, wash, dry and freeze stuff.
DH is loading the truck we've got an over night job tonight on the other coast.
Will need to lay own for awahile so I can make it throught the night.
Have a pot roast in the oven will serve with potoates and onions I picked up today.

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Lets see...Got up, made pancakes for breakfast. Did a load of laundry, showered, went to the dollar store for the newspaper and a poster board for ds school project paid a total of $1.54! Went to the library, for lots of educational and free entertainment. Had leftovers for lunch. Need to do more laundry, dishes and cleaning. The relaxing with a book for my April book challenge. I have a whole pile sitting here waiting for me to read!!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Slept in! Isn't that what weekends are for? :toothy:

I've already:
~folded 1 basket of laundry
~put away three baskets of laundry
~washed breakfast dishes
~vacuumed downstairs
~picked up downstairs
~showered
~knit

Still need to:
~straighten up the kitchen
~start more laundry
~make dinner (what to make, that is the question)
~knit

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Today i woke up late but i did get done
2 loads of laundry
hung a new shower curtain
loaded dishwasher
Starting dinner now
tonight looking forward to a hot shower and curling up with my book. Today was a no spend day. ya!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Today was rainy and windy. Did my workout this morning, then got ready and went to early Mass.Came home and worked on cleaning the rentals. In the afternoon I went to the gym and did swimming and weights. We had a surprise and a treat- our friends found some big red mushrooms and they gave us a couple! We made mushroom sandwiches for supper, and it was better than beef steak. Oh happy day. Tonight is just relaxing, a movie, home spa treatments. Getting ready for the week ahead.Hope you had a nice weekend.

·
19,119 Posts
Amyboz, hope you get a handle on that headache...you are one busy lady - take care!!

·
19,119 Posts
home sweet home!!

Have to.....

Unpack
Laundry
Write report for tomorrow
Cut out + sew fabric eggs
Organize mail
Organize ME for the week!!
Dinner from freezer

·
Registered
104 Posts
Crochet fiance's beenie hat, clip coupons, do a little laundry, and relax. :)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I cut both DS5 and DS10's hair really short today. We also went to Home Depot to buy replacement parts for our faucet, which ran us about $25.00. We also got MIL a birthday present at Home Outfitters, who sadly was out of the upside-down tomato planter I wanted for $9.99. :(

I did a bit of vacuuming and DH prevented me from buying a Dyson canister vac (which are like $599 :lol:) and the present for MIL (a veggie/fruit platter that spins and has a compartment beneath it for ice) was about $30.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was gorgeous here today. Washed 4 loads of laundry and hung out to dry. (I've got really big clotheslines) Then went outside to garden. I planted peas, carrots, lettuce, potatoes, onions and garlic. DH built a hexagon shaped raised bed planter for strawberries. We're working on a cottage garden that is both practical and pretty. This is our second season, we add a little each spring.
Then had the family over for dinner for Portuguese Kale Soup and Marinated Pork Sandwiches on fresh Portuguese Rolls. YUM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts