Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any frugal Red Hat ladies out there? I have been invited to join a group and just got off the official website. It looks expensive, what with all the clothing requirements. Any ideas how to do this frugally?

I must admit, I like the concept. Go meet with friends and just have fun. Still, even fun can be expensive. And I'm sure you don't need to join a group to have fun with your friends! I understand there are some perks to being a member though. I won't know till my first meeting I guess.

Because I'm under 50, I am supposed to wear pink and lavender. I notice there is not much on the website for pink and lavender. My guess is that means I'll be sewing my own outfits? Or are these things really found in secondhand stores? I can't afford brand new stuff for sure.

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I know our local WalMart keeps a big selection of red hats in stock, sometimes they will have a few pink hats as well. They also stock purple dresses and sometimes the lavendar. I'm not sure but I think as long as you keep to the color code you would be fine. We don't have any Jr chapters here (wah!!) or I would join.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
My mom has been a Red Hatter for years and loves it! You might want to try Ebay. I buy alot of items for my mom from there at good prices.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Bumping...what is the Red Hat thing all about?
I have seen these groups of women in Vegas having a blast, living it up! I imagine they could get quite the deal when booking trips and outings!!

Welcome to the place where there is fun after fifty (and before) for women of all walks of life. We believe silliness is the comedy relief of life and, since we are all in it together, we might as well join red-gloved hands and go for the gusto together. Underneath the frivolity, we share a bond of affection, forged by common life experiences and a genuine enthusiasm for wherever life takes us next.
More info @ http://www.redhatsociety.com/index.aspx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts