Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The member uses the plastic baby bottle liners for separating chicken breasts individually by placing one in each bag. Then places them in freezer bags. When she gets ready to use the chicken she just takes out the amount of bags that she needs. I thought this was such a handy tip. Don't have any wee ones but the dollar stores have these pretty cheap.

Barbara

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Thank you so much for posting that frugal tip. I have an unopen box and one open box of baby bottle liners. I was getting ready to throw the open box out (I wasn't really sure if anyone would have taken an open box of liners from a stranger) and donate the other one. Now I have I can keep them and use them for food storage.

Cherie

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
i think its one of those things you always end up with some leftover and you don't know what to do with them, i had a ton of breast milk bags that i used for everything after my son was weaned....i think this is a good suggestion

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
When I purchased the bottle liners, I purchased the store brand and it was B1G1F. I was looking for the cheapest thing possible because it was for breastmilk storage only. There are 125 per box and I ended up paying around $4.00-$4.50 with the B1G1F. I'm not sure which is more cost effective--storage bags, plastic wrap or bottle liners. I don't think I would go and purchase bottle liners with the intention of using them for storage chicken or other food. Since I already have them and it's taking up space in my kitchen, then I will use them.

Cherie

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was the point of the thread. To use up what you have, not rush out and buy. Heavens no. But alot of ladies on here have small infants (duh don't think infants come in any other size.) that have these liners on hand and they can be used instead of being tossed or gathering dust.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Thats what I thought but I have no idea what bottle liners cost. I was to cheap to buy that type of bottle I just have the old fashioned kind.

But that is a great idea for useing up something that you dont have a use for otherwise!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts