Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Going to be a day of no spending here. Yesterday I took the snowball account and deposited into our savings. I took the change jar money and deposited it into our snowball account. I had $38.20 in the change jar.

Made zucchini bread and applesauce bread and froze 3 loaves.

Today, the mouse for the computer was acting up. I took it apart and cleaned it out. Its now working perfectly again. So I don't have to purchase a new one. Not sure how much I saved doing this, but I find many times simple things that don't work, only need a little cleaning. The mouse was easy to take apart and clean.

Everyone is doing great in this challenge. Again, thanks Danielle for starting it and encouraging us to all stay on track.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Washing clothes in cold water.

Clipped coupons and filed away already. (Not saving me money today, but it will on my next grocery trip.)

Baking homemade bread.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Wanted to add that I turned my air off too!:D I am loving the cooler temps!!!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I would like to add in what I have been doing so far.
Turned the air off Friday nite, but did turn it back on for a few hours Saturday evening as it got a bit stuffy in here. It's off now and hopefully for good.
Have been using stuff in the fridge, freezer, and pantry for meals as we are trying to cut down on our eating out.
Watching tv movies for entertainment - no renting at Blockbuster so no money spent there.
Have been doing a wash cycle on the washer of 10 minutes instead of the standard 14. Less electric used that way. Never even realized that I had that option before until last week.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
*We had homemade cream of brococli for lunch. (brocoli-.49 cents)--lots left over for tomorrow.
*Also had bagel and pbutter for lunch.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
~baking today so no store bought goodies
~using up leftovers for lunch and to make a huge pot of stew for supper
~oh my CJ, I cleaned our mouse last night for the same reason!!:) I was thinking that it wasn't that old and was dreading buying another one, a good cleaning did the trick!!
~received names yesterday for our Christmas draw on DH side, have 3 little girls to buy for so instead of buying I am making them each a lap quilt out of colourful/children's fabric that I have here

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used half amount of laundry soap called for.

Used half a dryer sheet-it's been raining here, so I had to use the dryer. Air is back on too temporarily. I had it off for 5 days straight!

Making homemade brewed iced tea.

Got DD the rest of her needed school supplies on clearance at CVS.

DH wants wings for dinner, but I have a coupon. Will make homemade potato cheese soup to accompany.

Turned off computer monitor in between uses.

CJ-thanks! I'm glad everyone is enjoying it, having fun, and saving money! It really helps me stay on track too.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've not had a frugal weekend, but today dh and I have eaten all meals at home. TV has been off for most of the weekend though, so not much electrical use.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
We ate out of the freezer and pantry agian. Had the a/c on for a couple of hours and then turned it off. All of the doors are open right now!

My sister stopped by with some marked down hamburger. I paid her for it and some foundation from Avon.

I paid bills and will have enough for my deposit on Gypsy's surgery!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Well couponing again, that helps me to stay on the frugal wagon especially when stuff is free!!

5 cans of Bush's refried beans (they are so good at stretching an enchilada casserole!)

1 bottle of I cant believe its not butter spray Free~~~

16 cans of Spaghettios...after coupon, 35 cents a can. The boys will need these on the days I am gone from 7 am t0 8 and 10pm!

I have several more Spaghettio coupons so I will get more this week .

PLUS~

Long's Drug store has Skippy 18ounce jars of pnut butter and Ragu for 99 cents no limit. With school lunches again, i am gonna get 10 p nut butters!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
No money spending Monday here.
The air is off because it's soooo cool and breezy here.
I'm going to do some laundry in cold water, and yes I'll probably use the dryer :blush:
This week I'm re-doing our bathroom that hasn't had a face lift in over 12 years:toothy: . I'm looking to do it frugally but I'm going to give it an overall new look (new counter top or old ones refinished, new flooring, new lite fixture, blinds, curtains, ETC.). It's not going to be a "cheap" week but it will be done as frugally as is humanly possible and still accomplish all the above.
Today will be spent pulling down old wall paper (probably nickel sized pieces at a time). I'll be going to town on Wednesday to pick up paint and other supplies after I check out the storage shed for rollers and all that stuff. Wish me and the bargain gods luck, girls.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Today I am staying at home and not running errands, shopping on the internet or doing anything that will cost money! I'm happily watching our cat Gracie and her brand new kittens, taking a nap (was up all night with the cat) and eating leftovers. I do have a meeting tonight here in town, and I'll walk to that since it is right down the road. I still need to pick the beans and tomatoes since it looks like it is going to frost here tonight.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
No a/c again today. Its cooled right down, so will be taking it out this weekend.

Didn't pick up the paper again today, saving 75¢. Washing out baggies (UGH), but I'm determined to become even more frugal, with the cut in wages will be having.

Unplugged a couple of electrical items we don't need plugged in.

Working on doing more crafts for our craft sales later in the fall. Using as much of our paints we had left over from last year before purchasing new paints.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
~washed in cold water, hung clothes on line
~combining dr. appointment, consignment shoppe (p/u my $$), some groceries and dropping off 4 bags :)yippee: ) at Salvation Army.
~leftovers for lunch
~using crockpot for supper
~walked to pick up mail

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
~took lunches to work and school

·
Registered
948 Posts
Dh and I both ate breakfast at home and packed our lunches. Dinner will be a combination of leftovers and sandwiches (we're making hay again tonight). I spent $.61 on bananas this morning, but have no plans to spend any more money. In fact, the bananas save us a ton of money in the long run b/c I make banana bread and have that in the house... then on days when dh is running late he can just grab a few pieces of banana bread for breakfast instead of buying.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hanging 2 loads of laundry today.

Clipping coupons for future savings :dollar:

Made DD3 two eggs, saving one for tomorrow, saving energy from the stove.

Turning off computer monitor between uses.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts