Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, and Happy New Year! 2003 has officially begun. I wish everyone the best year. :) It is raining here, but I'm not minding it too much.

I started out this morning, and completely forgot that I was going to start tracking expenses. So, when dh and I went to get gas, and some sandwiches, I didn't remember until after getting back home. lol He is off to do a few things, so I am going to try to remember the tally. I don't want to fail at my resolutions too soon! ;)

I am working today, but I'm glad. We really need the money. Before work, I have a few things I need to get done first.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Happy New Year to all!

Justjenn, let me tell you what has worked for me as far as tracking expenses. At the dollar store they have these small organizers, like for coupons; it has 12 different slots and then the flap goes over the slots and you just secure it (I hope you know what I'm talking about). Well I got one not sure what for I would be using it.

So I started using it to put ALL my receipts in it. I broke down each slot into a month. I carry it w/me all the time. Now when I get any receipt I just scrunge it in there. Once I take the time to go through it, I think it'll give me a great idea of what our spending has been. Once I do that too, I'll probably add like $50 or so for any receipts I probably didn't get or forgot to put in there. But I'm being really good at putting in everything. Just carry it w/you all the time. It's really small.

Nelly:)

·
27,948 Posts
Happy New Year! I woke up at 12 said Happy New Year to ds and then went back to bed. Strange how my bod new it was midnight and should get up. Perfectly timed. wierd.
Today will be spent organizing craft stuff that I have in various boxes under my bed. Last week I got a good deal on those plastic under the bed storage containers (3 for $10) so I'll be switching to those. Also going to clear my diningroom table off to make room for my sewing machine and quilting stuff. Been a long time since I used my machine so I'll putter around with that too.
Still have to do laundry of course & I suppose the family will want to be fed so I'll have to do something about that also.:D
Have a great day!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Happy New Year!

Nelly ~ great idea!!! I am going to look for one of those next time I am out.

A frugal day here ~ I am not going out and DH needs to go buy 2 lightbulbs for our outdoor light and that's it.

Have a great January 1!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Happy New Year :pblow:

I'm off from work today, so I will spend the day cleaning & doing laundry.

I will also work on hanging up some more stuff, right now it's all over the floor and dining room table:(
I'm slowing getting the boxes unpacked from when we moved. The biggest mess is in the basement.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Happy New Year Everyone:pinkhat: It is raining here:

Have to do:
Take down Christmas Decorations and Put in Rubbermaid Containers in the attic.

Organize and Sort Coupons
Clean Bathroom
Make Grocery List
Scrub out 2 Litter Boxes

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
It's an organizing day all around. Today I need to take down the tree and put away decorations. I also need to get my fabric washed for the tutorial, and of course do some laundry.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tip, Nelly! I have about 3 of those hanging around. I'll give it a try. :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Happy New Year, everyone! Today is a day away from home, which although it's nice, there are so many things I would like to be doing at home before going back to work tomorrow! Right now we are at my parents and dd is napping with my mom while dh is helping my dad set up his new VCR/DVD player that he got for Christmas. Then, at 2:00, we are going to my fil's with all of dh's brothers, sister, and their spouses and kids. It's chaos. So, hopefully when I get home, I'll be able to get a load of laundry done before going to bed and do a quick sweep of the hardwood floors. We'll have to postpone the Christmas un-decorating for the weekend.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Happy New Year everyone!

I'm ready to get back into my regular routine so I'm going to
start today.

I have cleaned up the house & did laundry.

This afternoon, I'll do some organizing of paperwork (will file
away 2002 bills etc & shred the ones for 2001 that I keep filed
away etc). I love cleaning out old paperwork & organizing......
sounds strange but I like it!

Mom23boys......I hope you are having a great time at the Cotton
Bowl.....I'm jealous! I'm an LSU fan & am watching it right now
as I surf! Looks like the weather is beautiful & I'm glad for you all.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Happy New Years Villagers!

Today is going to be a "holiday" for us. Dh is home from work, football on t.v. and I may play on the puter, do a couple loads of laundry and maybe declutter a drawer or something. (One of my resolutions....do something like that everyday)
Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year's Day!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Another day of feeling yucky!:( I just got up a few mins before 11 lol (went to bed at 11 pm lastnight)
Glad I have a Dr's appt. Tuesday.I need to tell him how awful I feel ALL the time! I know it's prob nothing,but I have never felt this yucky while being pg before.
And our mattress isn't much help.We so need a new one!!!!

Anyways..nuff whinning from me :)

I have laundry to do and thats about it.DH is home and so far,nothing is planned,and I'm glad lol

Gonna go make grilled cheese sandwiches on my new griddle for lunch :)

Have a good day everyone!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
im doing very little to day..
i went to my freinds house for a party and didnt get home until 2am!!!

but im going to start laundry(i have 2weeks worth) i have a lot of clothing.

has anyone besides me listen to the dolans..its a money show out of nyc and is on a lot of radio stations nation wide..i love them.they r really down to earth and dont try to sell anything...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Happy 2003! I have done two loads of laundry, vacuumed, walked the dog, expunged all of the 2002 c/os from my file and am now catching up on my e-mail, checking my eBay items we're selling and just vegging. I also got out what I THOUGHT was a pork roast and discovered it was labeled wrong! Dh has to go get tortillas, green peppers and tomatoes at the store so we can have fajitas since the meat is sliced pork, seasoned for fajitas!

·
27,948 Posts
grneyegrl said:
has anyone besides me listen to the dolans..its a money show out of nyc and is on a lot of radio stations nation wide..i love them.they r really down to earth and dont try to sell anything...
They are a lot of fun to listen to and know their stuff money wise. They also seem to be the kind of people I'd like to have dinner with. The conversation would just flow.;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts