Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting so frustrated with the system, after she tried to stab ( a few years ago) me I was told lock everything like that away. So I did, after she went into my room a trashed it I was told get locks on the bedroom door so I did. Now they want me to empty her room of hard toys or anything that could be used as a weapon and when she goes off to try and get her into her room. So that is a place she can't hurt me or herself. So that is what I am going to be doing.
I took two parenting courses offered each one taught totally different things. The wait for a psychiatrist is a year or more. I know she is at an age where they are still in a wait and see game. But I have all ready been told that this is more then severe ADHD. Well really I all ready knew that. They think a mood disorder I also all ready knew that. The in home worker I have asked is cleaning everything out my only option will she learn to control her out burst. They don't know. I have been at this since I guess she was about 6 and I am so frustrated with the whole system right now. Nothing has changed since I was a child. I have tried to explain to them how serious this is it doesn't seem like they are getting it. So my mom is going to try and go to the next dr appointment with me to stand up and say yes it is this bad.
I should not be afraid for myself of my nine year old. It is embarrassing to say but when she just snaps it is like a different person is standing in front of me. I am afraid for her future. This summer has been horrible, this last school year was horrible. Yes she made some strides in catching up and we have a great tutor. BUT I can't accept that this is it. I know that if I keep working and pounding on doors that there has to be answer. I need to know that I have done everything with in my power to make sure she gets the best start so when she is an adult I will know that I didn't fail her.
I am just so frustrated I could scream.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hugs. I am so sorry to read your post, cause I think its a shame they don't help you with it. This sounds like a serious problem that needs to be taken serious. I don't know if they organize them in Canada, but a couple of years I helped on a youth camp for people with mental end physical issues. Maybe something like that might be an option for her and you to take a break? And I really hope there will be a good solution will be found soon.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm so sorry you and your daughter are going through this. I'm not as familiar with the Canadian Health System as I am with the US but waiting a year or more seems unacceptable. She needs to see a psychiatrist- now. If you are afraid she will hurt you or herself this is an EMERGENCY. In the US we can have someone "Baker Acted" for psychiatric observation for 72 hours if they are a threat to themselves or others. There has to be something like that in Canada. I will do some research and get back to you. My heart just breaks for you and your dd. I can't believe their solution is to remove hard toys.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Reactions: Rhiamon

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Can you or your mother film things in action. And i hate to say this can you cause it so you can film it. You need help yesterday and seeing is believing.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Can you or your mother film things in action. And i hate to say this can you cause it so you can film it. You need help yesterday and seeing is believing.
Good one fw. On Skype, isn't there an option to record? That way it's videoed and can be put on flash or cd. I have Skype and I thought I saw the option SOMEWHERE on there. I've only used it a couple times. If in front of the computer it will take it all in non stop. I do know you can have more than 2 parties on there at the same time ..that could be witnesses

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you're in the GTA or can get there - this is the place - http://www.hincksdellcrest.org/

Check them out when you have a moment - they have helped countless families.

Best of luck and don't ever think that you're alone, because you're not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts