Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little update on my progress. It seems like this last month is national "keep Linda's money" month.

I have a plan, I have a budget, cutting costs but it's so frustrating when others put a wrench in the works.

I get paid bi-weekly. Last pay period I worked alot of overtime in addition to being sent to another city overnight for a training class. I'm "supposed" to be reimbursed for mileage, hotel, tolls etc. I'm also supposed to get paid for the time it takes to drive there, which is generally a 4 hour drive each way.

Pay day comes and our newest "officer in charge", who I might add is from another region of the country and doesn't know this area took it upon himself to change my times because he felt it shouldn't take that long to get there. He felt 2 hours was sufficient to drive back from the class AND he changed the day before and took ALL the travel time off and then some. In total he removed 6 1/2 hours and according to the contract, 2 hours of that should have been time and a half, and the remaining 4 hours double time. His infinite wisdom of travel time cost me $190!! All this for a class I took as a favor, I didn't want the additional training, the boss pleaded with me.

In addition to that, I had submitted my travel receipts 3 weeks ago, the day after I returned. Apparently the receipt that the dump THEY booked me into (really bad location, awful room) wasn't acceptable.:skept: Finally worked through that problem but now I have to wait ANOTHER 2 weeks for that $300 plus dollars.

Add a dental visit for $173 and goodbye March snowball. On the bright side, when I finally get the money (hopefully in April) I'll have an avalanche instead of a snowball.

Sorry this was so longwinded... I just had to vent. Thanks for listening everyone!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sorry to hear that news.
When there gets to be a wrench in the works it can be sooooo frustrating! My DH has been waiting almost 4 weeks for extra money that he is supposed to get in his check. Hopefully it wil show up on payday this friday... that would then equal 7 weeks of back pay!

Hang in there!!

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I hope it all works out for you, I would be really frustrated too! I hope you get that avalanche sooner than later :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sorry to hear that, have you spoke to someone higher than him about the agreement that was made about getting paid for this and that? I hope you get it all back and soon.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that, have you spoke to someone higher than him about the agreement that was made about getting paid for this and that? I hope you get it all back and soon.
LOL, I did one better, I called him out on it in front of my coworkers. I even made him check the hours for the other person who went to the class. If he changed mine, he probably changed his too. Imagine his surprise when I pulled out my pocket calendar and he saw that I have my hours written down for the last 2 years to the minute. EVERYBODY heard him say he'd fix it. Now it's just a matter of time... I don't think he'll try it again, at least not with me. I think the biggest problem this guy has (other than not being ready to take on the job he has) is that he tends to mistakenly think that those of us who don't whine on a daily basis are meek and won't fight for ourselves. I like to choose my battles carefully, it's much more effective when I do speak up. :fence:

Have a great Sunday everyone!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm so glad that things are working out. It's great that you spoke up to your boss. Just be sure and follow-up. He doesn't sound like the most trustworthy person in the world!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would check up on your company's policies re: payroll hours. I'm wondering if it's legal for him to have altered your hours.

I wouldn't let this one go - who knows what else this guy has done.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the Union, and they are requesting everyone's timesheets since he's been here (about 3 months). According to our Union Contract we have to sign off on any changes made and the reason why. Yes, he was way out of bounds on this one. Actually, if I wanted to pursue it aggressively he would lose his job over it, it's a fireable offense. I'm going to leave that decision to the Union though. In my opinion he's just being stupid, not intentionally malicious. (Needless to say, I will be watching him VERY closely) He's getting a wake-up call this week, I'll only be doing required work this week, no "over and above" for this guy. It's all about give and take, treat me right, I'll go the extra mile, mess with my money and ......

Have a great Monday everyone!!!!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
good for u!!! Im glad u standed up for yourself.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Glad to hear everything is going the right way now. I used to work in HR and I tend to harp on Document Everything(!) Glad to hear you do (I am the same way- all my time is logged in a database)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts