Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my first full month electric bill after switching to CFLs and switching over made a huge difference in KWHs used.

Last year:
31 days....$84.17.....798 KWH
Last month:
32 days.....$68.20.....644 KWH

That's a savings of $15.97 and of a 154 KWH of power!!! The billing period was also one day longer this year and we have been using the air conditioning in the main bath (which we weren't doing last year at this same time)...so I think switching to CFLs was the right choice for me. The bulbs have already paid for themselves in a month and a half!!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Wow! Congrats! That's what I'm trying to do! We use like over 1500KWH a month! OUCH! We have electric hot water too though. :(

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
We use em too and are happy so far with the switch. Just remember to be careful about disposing of them when they go out or if you break one. They have mercury gas (I think...?) in them.......;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
We use em too and are happy so far with the switch. Just remember to be careful about disposing of them when they go out or if you break one. They have mercury gas (I think...?) in them.......;)
Yeah they have mercury gas, also a few other nasty compounds you do not want near you.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
We switched to CFL a few years ago. We like them tons better as they last LOTS longer. The only thing i dont like is the cost of the chandelier light bulbs they are $4 each :surprise:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts