Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is how our conversation went down tonight. Ladies, why do men always try to fix things when we are not asking for advice. :)

me: walks past the living room
dh: come sit by me on the couch
me: I love how our new tv looks
dh: me too, but I don't know how this picture looks and this and that. Something seems off.
me: trying to understand, but the dude told you that is the difference between a plasma and a LCD
dh: yeah..but..goes on about something I don't understand
me: oh yeah, kinda like how you see a football being thrown
dh: yeah
me: ha, maybe I should get glasses again because I don't notice this stuff. I mean the tv has gotta be better than the 80's model we had. It's kinda funny that when I got glasses before I thought the kitchen floor was clean until I put them on.
dh: Do you want to get glasses again or your teeth fixed next? (yes I do need some dental work)
Me: paused and took a breath. No, I want lipo with your money! And marched down the hall
dh: hey, why did you say that
me: because I wanted too

10 minutes later dh came to bed and I tried to explain to him about how that made me feel and a conversation going totally wrong. lol.

I said that is why I smarted off about the lipo. It seemed you was trying to fix something that I didn't ask for and pointed out my flaws.

dh: but lipo can be dangerous
me: so you think I need lipo too?
*bangs head*

haha, it's rather funny and he is the one snoring now.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Hubby and I had a similar conversation about our tvs. First when we bought the LCD after having a regular tv and again when we went from an LCD to a Plasma :). He fiddled with stuff until he got the picture looking exactly how he wanted it...me, I played on my computer until he was done.

Chances are you've mentioned wanting to get dental work done and he actually remembered tidbits of that conversation or statement...hence, when you mentioned getting glasses he was trying to figure out if you wanted to get glasses or dental work...hence his statement. Then you turned around and threw lipo suction at him and totally confused him LOL. Men are visual, women are verbal/emotional and sometimes the two don't mix well :D.

I am grinning and I kind of feel sorry for your hubby...cuz, even though he went to sleep...he will be trying to figure out WTH he did. In his mind he was being supportive of you but, to you it sounded like he isn't happy with you the way you are. Lucky for me we've been married long enough to where my dh knows when I'm being facetious...at those times he just looks at me like I've grown another head :D...and, he doesn't say a word.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
That sounds like a regular conversation around here, lol!! I just shake my head alot and if it really annoys me I will spend the time to explain it to him.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm also a woman and I don't follow you. You need to understand that men (and some women) can't read your mind and you need to make logical leaps between things. You need to sit down and have the entire conversation with him, explaining what you need to hear from him.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG, I'm not mad at him. I just thought it was funny afterwards. Lol You know silly conversations that happen sometimes between married folks. Just thought it would be funny to post. I went right to sleep cuddled up next to him. :D It's alright people. :) We just misunderstood each other. It happens! Yes he was being supportive, it was just how it came out.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
:D Russ may have knew LOL but, I wasn't sure where you were going with it.

Now, the question is...do we believe Russ since he was hiding behind a couch or do we just nod & smile :D.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
I am sorry it was wierd conservation. here is ours
me; Honey how does my butt look in these jeans
him where is the remote
me honey it under the couch cushion how does my butt look
him like it did the last time i seen it...
me ugh
grandma can u 2 hush i am on the phone.
I don't like a plasma tv look wierd hugs

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
I am sorry it was wierd conservation. here is ours
me; Honey how does my butt look in these jeans
him where is the remote
me honey it under the couch cushion how does my butt look
him like it did the last time i seen it...
me ugh
grandma can u 2 hush i am on the phone.
I don't like a plasma tv look wierd hugs
He is a wise man. :thumb:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Palooka, I knew what you meant!!! Some times I feel like I am talking to someone on another planet. I just want him to "get it" once in awhile.
I have these conversations frequently. In addition to DH's literal acceptance of most of what I say, he does not hear well & we sometimes get on to a completely different subject.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Love the part about the clean house as long as the glasses are off. I am glad that I don't see alot of things I don't see!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, the entire conversation is about something that's broken, right? :D So, what can I fix?
LOL, I'll bet your wife says you try to fix a lot of stuff. :p You guys just can't help yourselves. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts