Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 751 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of us read bunches in 2010 and I really enjoyed seeing what others were reading and their thoughts on what they read. Seeing how busy that thread was I know I wasn't alone.

This will be the official thread for you to post what you are reading and share any thoughts/feelings you may have. Feel free to let us know what books are waiting in the wings. I know it warms me up having a stash of good books waiting in line. :cloud9:

Going to read a new genre this year? I usually read a lot of fiction, mysteries especially. I think I want to read more non-fiction this coming year.

Wishing you many wonderful reading adventures and not a skunk in the bunch! :thumb:

Edited to add that I read more last year than I ever have (usually get 20 books at a time when I go to the library) and wasn't good at posting about it, I hope to be more diligent this coming year.;)

·
Registered
984 Posts
WOOHOO! I was hoping there would be a new thread for 2011. I look at this years thread all the time and have read quite a few wonderful books I may not have ever found by seeing someone here has read them. Are we making it a challenge again? I mean to ourselves? Are we setting a goal or just listing what we read? I already have a stack on my headboard for the new year and I got a Kindle for Christmas. Thank You so much for starting the thread Darlene.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
I'm definitely in! I received some gift cards to Barnes and Noble for Christmas and plan on filling up my Nook. I'll also be on maternity leave for a few months and am hoping to get a lot of reading done then! :clap: Yeah, books!

Reactions: mh3rdwheel

·
Registered
183 Posts
Haven't done this challenge before but count me in this year!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOOHOO! I was hoping there would be a new thread for 2011. I look at this years thread all the time and have read quite a few wonderful books I may not have ever found by seeing someone here has read them. Are we making it a challenge again? I mean to ourselves? Are we setting a goal or just listing what we read? I already have a stack on my headboard for the new year and I got a Kindle for Christmas. Thank You so much for starting the thread Darlene.
It's whatever you want to make it. Just read, post whatever you like & enjoy. :thumb: Can't wait to share with you all.

Hey Amy, like your Nook? I'm a little envious, lol.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I had already added a counter to my sig, so I guess I'm in, as well. :) I'm still working on a book that may or may not be done by the new year, so not sure where it will be counted. :) I will be including audiobooks, as well, since I try to listen to them on my hour-long commutes to/from work.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I am in but with a small twist. I read every single day and love it. BUT I need to do so many other things that I want to budget my time better in order to accomplish other goals. I end up sitting all night, every night with a book and not getting anything else done....SO, I will limit my reading time to no more than 1 hour per night, post what I am reading and my thoughts about the book but not the number of books I read. I really need to work on balance in my life this year. So many books....so little time.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking forward to seeing all the great books everyone reads. I haven't read much at all since I had my last child. Before I would read in the carpool line, while cooking dinner, etc. Can't do that with this one, he is busy!! And I would read at night in bed, but he is in our room so I don't get in bed until time to go to sleep now which got me out of that habit. But I'm going to find a way to fit it in bc I love to read. I think I've read 3 books in the past year. Aiming for 12 this year. Starting with something light, Book 15 of the Stephanie Plum series. Can't wait to see what she's up to this time!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am in!

I also used to read a lot.
Now I use that time to play on the puter ;-(

My goal is 24 books this year (2 per month)

I got several books for Christmas and a bunch
of others in the last few months. A lot are non-fiction,
but I do have a few "light" books as well.

·
8,714 Posts
~I'm definitely in! I don't have a lot of time for me these days but what time I have is best enjoyed with a book in hand. I'm hoping for 2 books and 4 magazines a month. I'll also be counting Bible books completed. :D ~

·
Registered
8,471 Posts
Me too! I dropped out last year after I made my hundred, but kept reading of course. I was just on the forums a lot less.

This year I'm in a reading challenge over on another forum, and I'll post them here too. The challenge there is a great one. We've agreed to put a quarter -- or penny, nickel, or dime, whatever we can afford -- in a jar for every book, and at the end of the year it will be collected for a charity. I told them this is going to cost me! But it seemed a way to painlessly do a little good while I enjoyed myself. I'm doing the quarters because at the end, I'll probably split mine between their cause, buying yarn for organizations that crochet for charity, and the Reach Out and Read organization at work.

I liked seeing what everyone was reading too, and I also picked up some good titles from the discussion. I'll have tons of audiobooks in my list too. I am addicted.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love to hear about what others are reading ... and to talk about what I'm reading. Not so good at keeping count of books, tho. Have tried to keep book lists or journal about them but .... always end up forgetting.

Right now am finishing up City of Fallen Angels by John Berendt. He wrote Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

This book is as good; it is all about Venice. I'm liking it a lot -- I keep googling photos of the places and people he's talking about.

·
19,119 Posts
I'm in. In the past I have been very poor at posting the books I read and will try to do better in 2011. I received a Nook for Christmas and am interested in seeing how it affects my reading.

Right no I am reading "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" by Diana Gabaldon - love her books. While I am not reading them in order, I am still enjoying each one. This one is almost 1500 pages, so I know that I will not finish it until 2011.

1 - 20 of 751 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.