Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who is this imposter and what did he do with my husband????
Gabe asked the other night if I would be interested in us both making candles. :eek: I quickly said YES!!!! and soap too!!!!
I'm saving up some money for supplies and doing lots of reading and I am determined for us to have a great time with this.
We both enjoy burning scented candles in the house (usually Yankee jar candles) so now I am excited to think that here's something I have wanted to try for awhile and now I have a buddy. LOL
Just when you think they are sooo predictable. :D I never would have guessed he would want to try this as a project.

Had to share because I am pretty happy about it.

Sara

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Sara that is so neat. Making candles can be so much fun and especially when you do them with a "friend". I love doing things with dh. Course he also knows who is "boss" so it always works out great.

Have fun. I'm sure you'll have lots to share with us when your finished making them.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Sara, my phone # is 555-1234, would you have Gabe call my hubby Tom ?????? PLLEEEAAASSSEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gabe and I often work on the website together. I don't know how we stand it. LOL
We are so very different and our opinions are so far from being similar.
I can just see us wax and wick slinging. LMAO
I honestly love when we work on anything together as a couple, but we could charge money for people to watch us try and work together. LOL
I can see me posting questions like...how do you get wax off of carpeting and out of hair? LMAO

I'll keep everyone posted. It should at the very least make a good story to tell. LOL

Sara

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Have fun Sara !!!!!!!! Remember 555-1234.......

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Sara, it sounds like us. If I say black, dh says white. If I want pink for candles, he wants blue.

We too are both so different. It would have made very interesting conversation here the past couple of days with us doing our renovating. It got to the point where I would say "can I make a suggestion". At times, I felt like stapling him to the wall, duct taping his mouth and then using plaster to cover him up with, kwim. I do love him though!! :toothy:

Just think of the fun you'll have, trying to get the wax out of your hair and the carpet. You'll be able to give us all directions on how to do that!! :D

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
get wax out of the carpet is easy, take a papertowel fold into quarters and put it over the wax then iron on a low setting, iron it up. no big deal. Get the handywoman's secret weapon ready (duct tape) and have fun. LOL

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Sara, I found some fabulous scents good for both in candles and soaps. It just so happens thier shop is only 30 minutes from me.
Here is the website: http://www.windyhillcandlefactory.com/index.html
I went and purchased hot baked apple pie, spearmint, pine forest and fresh raspberries. They all smell wonderful!
Nice concentrated scents but not overpowering.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sara - I got into making candles about 2 years ago. Absolutely love it - but supplies and all are expensive - but still cheaper than Yankee and just as good if not better. Anyhow, hubby got in on the action and loves making candles too. He especially liked making the "big" candles - like pillars. The bigger the better, lol. Let me know if you have any questions, we might be able to help with. However, haven't been able to do for over a year, as to busy taking care of my mom. But thinking about starting up again soon, as my stock needs replenishing.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
you know also the scents and the colors (if you are using parafin) never go bad either. I would hate to say how old mine are. *from my MIL.* so even if you stop for a while they are still good to use.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks gang. I am sure once I get started, I'll have tons of questions. Right now, I am just trying to soak in all the information, so I am prepared to start.
I see that formulas are like the big secret. LOL
As each person kind of does their own thing.

Sara

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Good luck Sara and Gabe!
We want to see pictures!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Wow, that is REALLY cool. Gabe is truly a renaissance man, eh?
I have lots and lots of questions about this so I may be asking soon. I'm gathering my supplies too. I hope to do a year's worth of candles in one sitting.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Sara, you'll have a much easier time getting wax out of your hair than Cj will have getting the hubby out of the wall....... :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts