Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a well known tip... but I just used an egg slicer gadget for slicing whole mushrooms for the dehydrator. Normally I buy sliced mushrooms but there was a good sale on whole mushrooms. I got an egg slicer ($4) and was able to slice four 8oz cartons of mushrooms perfectly and really fast!

Reactions: Libby

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I will try that.........think I have an egg slicer SOMEWHERE in a drawer......don't use it for slicing eggs might as well try it for mushrooms! Now I need a GOOD sale on mushrooms......it has been awhile!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
This may be a well known tip... but I just used an egg slicer gadget for slicing whole mushrooms for the dehydrator. Normally I buy sliced mushrooms but there was a good sale on whole mushrooms. I got an egg slicer ($4) and was able to slice four 8oz cartons of mushrooms perfectly and really fast!
These are also good for slicing strawberries! :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even think of using it for strawberries! I'll have to try it when strawberries are in season.

Reactions: Luckybustert

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
kiwi too :)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I have had the wires in the egg slicer snap when using them for mushrooms so if you like your egg slicer; be careful. The mushroom skin is thicker than an egg is.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I really like the egg slicer tip. I just got through slicing many mushrooms to dehydrate. Has anyone used a mandolin for mushrooms?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts