Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, almost all of you probably did a double take. I am working on gaining weight.

I don't have an eating disorder or anything, just to throw that out there. After having my second son, I got on a really nasty diet. I would skip breakfast for a cup of coffee. Then I started skipping lunch for a cup of coffee. So I have been only eating one meal for about....6 months now. Needless to say, I dropped down from 112 to 103, and i'm 5'6". My meal at night would be a good hardy one, but still not enough for a days worth of nutrition.

I am desperately wanting to donate plasma, and trying to gain weight. So, I thought I would start this thread to get myself accountable for eating 3 meals a day, and track my weight gain.

So, today:

Breakfast-skipped
Lunch- scrambled eggs and Ham
Snack- yogurt
Dinner- will be bbq pulled chicken, chocolate pudding, mandarin oranges

Yesterdays weight after eating dinner and with clothes & shoes on - 106

·
Registered
354 Posts
Why not try eating breakfast before you have a cup of coffee, and do the same with lunch. I find coffee takes away my hunger, so I need to eat before I drink coffee.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Some fats will also help. A little cheese on the eggs and ham, for instance. Peanut butter on toast for a grab-and-go breakfast. Nuts as an afternoon snack. Real cream in the coffee, not that skim powder stuff. :)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Birdie) I fully agree, and I've been trying that. Coffee fills me up, which is why it became so easy to skip two of my meals. I just wasn't hungry! I will try grabbing a muffin and/or fruit to munch on WHILE I make the coffee, so I'm already eating. Hopefully tht will help. I'm kind of useless before coffee though lol.

CH) thanks for the suggestions! I just came home from work and ate a peanut butter on a rice cake and had some cheese with crackers. :)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Not meaning to be rude or sound harsh, but that is NOT a balanced diet. You definitely need to eat something for breakfast and add some vegetables and more fruit to your diet.

Good Luck!

I know, almost all of you probably did a double take. I am working on gaining weight.

I don't have an eating disorder or anything, just to throw that out there. After having my second son, I got on a really nasty diet. I would skip breakfast for a cup of coffee. Then I started skipping lunch for a cup of coffee. So I have been only eating one meal for about....6 months now. Needless to say, I dropped down from 112 to 103, and i'm 5'6". My meal at night would be a good hardy one, but still not enough for a days worth of nutrition.

I am desperately wanting to donate plasma, and trying to gain weight. So, I thought I would start this thread to get myself accountable for eating 3 meals a day, and track my weight gain.

So, today:

Breakfast-skipped
Lunch- scrambled eggs and Ham
Snack- yogurt
Dinner- will be bbq pulled chicken, chocolate pudding, mandarin oranges

Yesterdays weight after eating dinner and with clothes & shoes on - 106

·
Registered
500 Posts
Come here and I will fatten you up! LOL :) Definitely add more veggies but use full fat everything....cook with butter, have more cheese and peanut butter. Ice cream always puts weight on you!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do eat a lot of veggies, as they come in and out of season. I realized the post I put up didn't include any veggies, which is not always what it is.

Today:

Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: tuna salad and crackers. Also bagel and cream cheese
Dinner: got lemon chicken chard and orzo soup cooking. So that's my dinner!

Mary) yes I think it's obvious 1 meal a day is not a healthy or a balanced diet. Hence why I'm here! It's hard to eat when your not hungry tho.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I wish I needed to gain weight. :sigh: ;)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Since you aren't hungry you need to make sure that when you eat that you are eating healthy and balanced meals.

Google Image Result for http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/USDA_Food_Pyramid.gif

I do eat a lot of veggies, as they come in and out of season. I realized the post I put up didn't include any veggies, which is not always what it is.

Today:

Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: tuna salad and crackers. Also bagel and cream cheese
Dinner: got lemon chicken chard and orzo soup cooking. So that's my dinner!

Mary) yes I think it's obvious 1 meal a day is not a healthy or a balanced diet. Hence why I'm here! It's hard to eat when your not hungry tho.

·
Registered
895 Posts
First of all a big hug. I am not on a diet, otherwise than to gain wait. I just burn a lot of energy naturally and I need to eat a lot to keep my weight. Last week I had a work scheduled health check. My BMI was 18,1, it has to be at the least 18,5 to be healthy. Admittedly, this was just before my big meal. So I really understand your challenge. What helps for me is eating small things especially with a lot of taste. And no that doesn't have to be junkfood, you can at the taste yourself. To the people who want to donate weight: Where can I inscribe? And can I bring company?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have a friend who is a size 2...she was excited she had to buy a size 4 last month....me...I was on Atkins diet for a month and I lost 1 lbs....For the past 50 years I have heard breakfast is the meal NOT to skip....start small...toast and peanut putter or a pc. of toast with cheese....add a glass of organge juice....at lunch start with half a sandwich...add some carrot sticks....then on to dinner....good luck....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow! I do sympathize, but I cannot empathize. Personally, having grown up in southern midwest, I have never had trouble with needing to gain weight. One fella said if we'd known about cholesterol, we'd have fried it!:king: I gotta say, keep some of the healthy stuff, but since you can ad the fats and the sweets, do it! It can't hurt. Just don't do only that. Keep the balance with the healthy stuff.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I need to gain a few pounds myself. I have to go on a full liquid diet for 2 weeks after surgery may 15 ( lower esophageal incision) which means i can eat pudding and yogurt and pureed soups. Good luck

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Calling all us fat girls to the rescue!
Never skip any meal
Eat carbs late at night like ice cream
Eat at least 2 fast food meals a week
Stop w/ drinks before meals
Have a soft drink once in awhile
Skip the gym a bit
Take iron tabs
Sugar calls sugar
Yes to the peanut butter,cheese in healthy amts
Watch a fat person at a restaraunt (sp)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ayanka) I also had a BMI done or work and that's when I realized I was in trouble. Mine was 16.2 :( The employee health nurse told me although I'm tiny framed, I still needed to eat more.

Breakfast: skipped
Lunch: made homemade bagel bites, pineapple
Dinner: more of my soup, a small side salad
Snacks: peanut butter on rice cakes, cream cheese on rice cakes, cheese on crackers and a yogurt.

I do eat more fruits and veggies come spring and summer from my garden and farmers markets :)

Reactions: Ayanka

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will eat breakfast tomorrow! I will!!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I've also found that a 1lb box of Russel Stover chocolates is good for at least 5 lbs of weight gain. :)

Reactions: Raiquee

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a wicked sweet tooth. I mean WICKED! I told myself after I get my body's idea of eating changed, I can have more chocolate lol.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I had the problem of skipping breakfast before I had my son. When I got pregnant I started eating better because I knew I had to....i started eating cereal for breakfast and by one month it was a habit and I felt weird not eating breakfast.

My dh sets out his cereal, bowl, spoon etc the night before on a work day so can have an easy breakfast. Maybe this will help you to remember to eat first then coffee?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts