Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What games have you been playing with family & friends lately?
Hubby and I have dug out Rummikub from the closet and have been playing that. We used to play Cribbage together all the time but I'm rusty on scoring quickly and keep putting off getting back into it. I should just grab the board & cards and say come on let's play.
You?

· Moderator aka AmyBob
13,578 Posts
DS(6) loves to play Stratego, Chutes and Ladders and Chess, so I play a lot of that.
DS(4) loves to play Candyland, so there is a lot of that going on around here.
All 3 of the kids enjoy UNO, so we also play a lot of UNO and we do a lot of jigsaw puzzles, as well as play Sorry! and Bonkers.
DH and I used to play Scrabble, but we just haven't found the time, lately. What we do do, however, is puzzles from my Games magazine together. We can lie in bed and figure them out together.

· Registered
185 Posts
Blokus is really popular with my family and with DBFs family right now, so we are playing a lot of that. Also, we just got the new Scrabble Flash (won it in the gift exchange) and have been playing that a little bit. Then, we are playing a lot of Wii. I got the Dance game for Christmas and DBF got the Wii Sports Resort, so we are playing that a lot with my family.

· Registered
73 Posts
Crazy 8's and Old Maid.

We are teaching our 5 year old how to play, as I'm sick of playing Go Fish.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
My DH and I like to play trivia games, monopoly, sequence, phase 10, skip-bo, and canasta. We used to play a lot of games. Not so much now. We are just too busy. I also love puzzles, but really don't have a place to do them right now.

· Registered
649 Posts
We just got Battleship and Funglish for Christmas, so we are playing those a lot and loving them. At the ILs we played Mexican train, I think it's called, with dominoes, and that was also fun. Our old standbys are Uno, Dutch Blitz, Scrabble, Boggle, Mouse Trap, and Yahtzee. We also like Scrabble Slam and Monopoly Deal every once in awhile.

· Registered
16,194 Posts
Scrabble Flash, mancala, uno, and phase 10 are hits here.

28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its always odd to me that the old games, pastimes are still relevant.
I'm glad they are, anything that brings people together to interact with each other is wonderful indeed. :whirly:
Lets all play more games, remember how much fun you had?

· Registered
16,194 Posts
oh, and my kids recently discovered marbles too. They LOVE those.

· Registered
85 Posts
we play bingo, checkers, monopoly, sorry, chutes and ladders, candyland, uno, scattergories, battleship, war, old maid, blokus, scrabble, boggle, clue, apples to apples, and dominoes. we have a ton of card/board games and we usually drag them all out over an extended break from school. during the week we try to reserve one day a week to play board games and eat pizza together.

· Moderator aka AmyBob
13,578 Posts
Meant to mention that I LOVE Yahtzee! but don't own it. Imagine my delight when the kids got a Wii game that had a bunch of board games on it and Yahtzee! was one of them. At first I balked, because it was virtual, but then I tried it and enjoyed it just as much. It even made the right sound of the dice clicking around inside the cup. :toothy:

5,280 Posts
Carcassonne
Alhambra
Settlers of Catan
Thurns and Taxis
Fluxx

bunches more but I can't remember all of the titles

· Registered
6,478 Posts
Darlene, are you sure you are not a long lost sister? First puzzle geeks, and now game geeks. ;) I invited DSS and DIL(a resolution of mine... be nice to someone I'm not really fond of) to stay for dinner after the traditional NYD bike ride tomorrow and made it clear we are going to play some games. If DIL grows up enough to learn one.:rolleyes:
We love playing Risk, Sorry, Uno, Shanghai, Uchre, Dice, Yahtzee, and Life. I love the game Clue but DH hates it so we don't have that.:cry:

Cat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.