Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in the book 101 Crafts under $10: Easy-to-Make Ideas for Gifts and Home.

Garden Stepping Stones

*cement containing sand
*water bucket and mixing stick
*corrugated pizza box (about 14" square)
*duct tape and petroleum jelly
*twigs and shells
*rubber gloves
*piece of cardboard

Reinforce the pizza box with duct tape by wrapping tape all around sides. Apply thin coating of petroleum jelly to inside of box to aid in releasing stone.

Protect work surface and wear gloves. Mix cement in bucket according to instructions on package. Add enough water so that it is the consistency of cookie dough. Pour mix into box.

Use straight edge piece of cardboard to smooth top. Gently vibrate sides to release bubbles and even surface. Allow mix to set for about one hour before pressing embellishments into stone. Test with a small object first. If object sinks, allow cement to set a little while longer. Arrange objects to spell out greeting, or in design of your choice.

Allow stone to set for 3 to 4 days. Amount of time will vary depending on weather/temperature conditions. Peel box away from stone and set in garden.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Thanks QuilterMom. I just have to bump this one up. These so very easy to make. Atleast they are the clearest instructions I have ever seen.:D

These would even be great for gifts!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That is an easy to understand project !!! Thanks !

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:bump:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Thanks Quiltermom!:D I have seen this before but failed to get the instructions printed off. Got it this time.:D

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bump:

:reindeer: :tree: :reindeer:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
This is a fun and easy project! Thanks for bumping up Kim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts