Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having fresh vegetables from the garden with dinner and I was just wondering what kind of vegetables that everybody has ready to eat in their garden.

Rose

·
27,948 Posts
Romaine, Swiss chard, snow peas & zucchini.:)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
From my parents & in laws gardens', we have fresh corn, potatoes, onions, and cucumbers. Hopefully, soon, we will have tomatoes, too.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We have lettuce, herbs, brocolli and zuchinni at the moment! Oh and pie cherries coming out our ears!:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
brocolli ,zuchinni -tooo much! tomatos, a little bit of okra ,cherry tomatos, hot peppers, bell peppers watering twice a day. oh and lots of lettuce. spinach is done. DEE

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
LOL, a whole bunch of yellow squash and zucchini, cherry tomatoes and the large ones as well, eggplant, bell peppers, cucumbers, hot peppers and mild banana peppers, green onions and okra. Peas, corn and pole beans will start coming in soon, but I'm trading some of the squash to the neighbors who didn't grow squash for their peas and corn.

·
Registered
108 Posts
lettuce which is very tasty and peppers everything else still needs more time tomatoes are almost ready some of them can't wait :tom:

·
27,948 Posts
We picked our first pepper & we'll be having mesclun mix greens from our barrel this week.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I haven't had any luck growing lettuce because of rabbits. How big are your barrels and where to you have them? Maybe I could try this. I love growing lettuce and having fresh salads.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I picked enough sugar snap peas for one meal, and that is usually about all I get. It just gets too hot to fast for peas. I also harvested leaf lettuce last night.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought I'd already posted in here, but I guess not.

I'm picking small zucchinies right now.
The tomatoes are still small and green.
I was picking day lily pods and petals, but they quit a couple of weeks ago.

I'm waiting on tomatoes! Can't wait, they're romas and I just love those kind.

-Elaine

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
we have some green onions ready, and some yellow squash and green tomatoes....nothing better than fried green tomatoes and fried squash! YUMMY! those are calorie free right?

·
Registered
300 Posts
We have picked a few tomatoes and waiting on a bunch more to ripen. We grilled zucchini last night...yum. We have a bunch more that need to get bigger. That's it for now...the cucumbers have a ways to go and everything else is in the just flowering stage.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
we have some green onions ready, and some yellow squash and green tomatoes....nothing better than fried green tomatoes and fried squash! YUMMY! those are calorie free right?
In my world they are, :scale:

Still picking yellow squash and zucchini (putting them up now), cherry tomatoes (still waiting on big tomatoes to turn), eggplant, bell peppers, okra and I'm gonna be picking and shelling more peas today and a few pole beans. Corn should be ready to pick next week.

I creamed and put up 40 quarts of corn this week from my uncle's garden. He gave me 1/2 so I'm already good on creamed corn. Will put up cut corn and whole ears when ours come in next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ready now are some herbs.We are waiting on the tomatoes, zuchinis, hot peppers and cucumbers. The Squirrles have taking a liking to our strawberries:mad:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
A small garden with cukes, squash and tomatoes here, none of which are ready to be eaten.
We have been eating herbs out of my container garden.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
We help my sister with her garden. Truthfully though I shouldn't say we, my boys help her. She always grows lots of stuff. Definately the green thumb of our family. Currently the whole family is awash in red and green lettuce, zucchini, yellow squash and green beans. The tomatoes are coming in as well but we're not swimming in them yet. The birds in the area are swimming in strawberries and blueberries. We are currently plotting against them for next season. The corn is close.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts