Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else getting the fever to get started gardening. It's 71 degrees here today and I've got the fever big time! I can't wait to get started. I get this way every year about his time. It won't be long now!!

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I am but under 4 ft of snow ( at least yet )

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yup I've got the fever! Planted some seeds indoors a couple of weeks ago (tomaro, basil and bell peppers) and more today (zucchini, grape tomatoes and cucumber). Can't wait to plant them outfdoors!! :hurray:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am too...big time. I have gone reading at Homestead Garden and posting to it. It gets out some of the "wanna-garden-but-can't-do-anything-till-the-ground-thaws" frustration to read what's going on in other peoples gardens. :)

it's FV's sister site, and is listed at the top of the page. :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
I started seeds a month ago because I could not wait! Last week we finished our beds and got potatoes, carrots, sugar snap peas, onions, and green onion in the ground. I about 3 weeks I will put in the tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. I can't wait for strawberries!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Spring makes me just want my own house even more. We live in an apartment and I hate it. I put a few geraniums, petunias, and marigolds in pots on my patio, but it just isn't enough.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yes! After I woke up and let the dogs out it was so nice. I kept looking at the hillside where I want to plant my strawberries. I am itching to be outside.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ohhh, I've got it BAD! There's still tons of snow on the ground, but today it got up to 9C (48F) and I walked home from work in my T-shirt...it was awesome! I cannot WAIT for spring and gardening...I even miss mowing the lawn!

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Yes, I went to the nursery and purchased 3 blueberry trees and a mint plant. I would have purchased more stuff but the store was about to close and it really to early to plant some things. I need to start preparing yard. Spring will officially be here in less than 2 weeks. First date of Spring is March 20.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I wish it was spring here now!!! But unfortunatley we had -30 this week brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I wish it was spring, i wish it was spring, i wish it was spring!!!! lol
There maybe it will appear. lol:bfly:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yep, getting the fever. I have to start my tomato seeds here pretty soon. Seven varieties, all heirloom. Makes my mouth water thinking about them..LOL Also, zucchini, other squash, beans and anything else I can get planted. Can't wait.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have started a few zinnias and marigolds inside. Can't wait to get out and get busy with my flowers. G-kids are already asking when we will open the pool!!LOL

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am~I am~I am. :) We have our garden tilled and will start putting taters and onions in soon. I can't wait to start enjoying those wonderful home grown veggies. :chef2:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm just learning this year to start a vegetable garden. I'm just waiting for my seeds to arrive. I enlisted the help of someone considered to be a master gardener. I'm really excited.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I want to start planting my flowers :). It's still too early here in NY, I always plant around Memorial Day, when we are usually experiencing very nice weather, with very little threat of over night frost.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I am, and it IS time here! I've got seed, and bought a couple of bedding plants yesterday. Also acquired 200 pounds of free composted goat manure! Never been so excited over a bunch of s##t in my life!

Now I just need to get it in the ground!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts