Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by Frugal Nurse, decided to see how long a tank of gas would last me. Last fill up was March 19th, seven weeks ago, still have over a quarter of a tank. :)

Anyone else up for it? Kinda fun to see how long you can stretch it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I usually go 2 months on a tank. I last filled up on April 11, in anticipation of a longish trip on the 12th that I didn't end up taking. I think I've only driven a couple of miles since then! It will be really interesting to see how long this tank lasts!

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
when we go south for the winter, we fill up in town (15 miles from the condo) in early November. When we leave in March we are still on the same tank of gas.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
OMG! I can't believe how long you guys can get a tank o gas to last! do you even drive the car? how do you do your errands? your shopping?
do you take another car instead? ;)

I'm in. A small unfairness to this would be that I will be on vacation from this wedn to next wedn so that's a week without driving it.

I will fill up today. and start.

·
Super Moderator
2,000 Posts
we go out about once every 3-4 weeks. The farthest trip we take is 50 miles each way, we do that once a winter. The rest are trips of 30 to 50 miles. We have a minivan with a 25 gal. tank. Gets fairly good mileage for a minivan.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Wow I so would fail this challenge. :laugh: A full tank will last me about 7 days if I'm lucky! I think the longest I've gone on a super great week was 2 weeks? But that was EONS ago.

Great job you guys!

·
Registered
84 Posts
This would never work for me! I drive about 800 miles a week for work, crazy I know, but I drive a Prius & get .565 cents per mile & I am able to stop by the store, pick up dry cleaning en route home, so I never have to pay for gas to run my errands since I am able to complete these task without adding miles it works out!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Well I kind of blew yesterday! I was trying to plan my route and get all my errands done in line and while I did a big thing happened.

I went to antique store and then to the feed store and then to home depot and lowes and then walmart then sams and then home. They all go along a route for the most part and lowes home depot sams and walmart are all in the same block.

The problem. I bought so much wood and dirt it was too heavy for my car so I had to leave half of it and my dd, drive allllll the way home and then back and then home again....dang!

Oh well better than the expense of fixing my car!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forgot to post I filled up on May 4th, we were heading out of town for the weekend, the daughter and me. So the previous tank lasted 7 weeks, aiming to see how long this one goes. :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I need to buy a Prius. I drive all over the place for work. I think I fill up at least 2 times a week! I don't think this car is too good on gas. It only takes 10 gal or so on fill-up. There is something wrong with the gauge or tank that tells when it is full. I have to always be careful to not let it get too low.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts