Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you seen a pattern of gas prices in Washington? Around town here they run $3.68 (Costco) to $3.79 (Chevron) but if I travel to Belfair, a mom & pop station is $3.55 and across the street from them is $3.85(Shell). In Tacoma an Arco/AMPM has been under $3.60 as well.

I was over in the Tri-Cities last week and all stations were in the $3.70's.

There isn't any logical reasoning with this is there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Spokane, it seems that we are generally a little higher than western Washington, and central and south eastern Washington are higher still.

Locally we have two Shell stations that are two blocks apart, and one is consistently $0.10-$.15 less than the other. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

·
Registered
494 Posts
At the station I pass on the way to dropping my kids off at school this morning was $3.49. That gas station is typically $0.08 to $0.10 higher then others in my area.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am in Boise and usually the Tri-Cities is about .10 higher than here. But lately, it's been off and on in pricing. Have you checked Fred Meyer? They are the lowest here, usually within about .02 of Costo.....plus the .10 discount for your points card (for every 100.00 spent) Currently I think we are at about 3.60 at our local FM. (before discounts)

·
Registered
17 Posts
We don't have any Fred Meyers with gas here.

We used to love the Safeway gas discount, but the last time we went to cash it in, it only gave us $.01 off per discount earned instead of $.10. I was ticked! But of course DH was there alone and decided he didn't want to argue it so he just drove off, having paid more per gallon than he would have at our regular gas station.

I saw $3.42 at the Shell we used to frequent yesterday. We no longer have a car so it makes no great difference to me at the moment!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Most gas stations in our area went to $3.20ish today. But the one by my son's preschool was still $3.45. One station in Indy near hubby's work went to $2.94 this morning!!!!!! I told him he should drive my car tomorrow and fill it up. LOL, but that is a difference of about 50 cents per gallon from the one I drive by!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I don't live in Washington but our prices here are the lowest $3.19 a gallon and on the north end of town its $3.37 a gallon.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
ours is 3.39 here, and that was days ago, it is steadily dropping. doesnt seem that bad.
supposedly, gmac says that gas prices are supposed to be really low by christmas, but that the price of other things will be up, so they are planning a huge sale of all the vehicles that havent sold all that great during the year (v8, 4x4, suvs)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Our local news said North Carolina is the highest at $3.79 in the nation (not counting Alaska or Hawaii) at noon today. Well, I paid $3.769 on Monday & could only get regular (no mid or high grade at most stations for the last 2 weeks). I think the prices have dropped some since Monday here, but not anywhere near the national average of $3.44. They blaming our (southeast) higher prices on the hurricanes. Many stations are running out of gas for days at a time near here. I hope this all gets better soon!

·
Registered
451 Posts
$3.21 is the cheapest by me. Most are around $3.25 - $3.29.

If you don't mind me asking what state are you in where the gas is $2.97?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
$2.94 here today in Nebraska it has been dropping a few cents a day for a couple of weeks now.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Here on the east side of Missouri, it was $3.24 today, but on the west side (Kansas City, Springfield) it was $2.88.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts