Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the end of May, I've been wrtting down the amounts & dates I have purchased gas. So far for 18 days (in June) I've spent $65, ($20 on 6/18). Or $2.50 a day. Considering I don't have a job to drive to, this seems pretty high to me. DS's school is only 1.6 miles (roundtrip), I can surely walk. The only major driving I did every day (not anymore since we are on summer break) was pick up my niece from school every day, which is 5.2 miles (roundtrip).

DH has spent $106.57, ($35 on 6/16) since May 30. Or $3.97 a day. He drives 20.4 miles (roundtrip) p/day. & we use this car for recreation on sundays. I always tell him to try to save gas, but he loves to drive around & says I'm just a party pooper :lemon: .

I had calculated earlier, & had calculated incorrectly, this sounds more reasonable, a bit high, but doable.

How much do you spend on gas?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
546 Posts
I haven't really kept good track of it but between my truck and dh's motorcycle we spend about $100-$150 every month, depending on how much the truck gets driven.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
DH fills up his vehicle on average once a week. It takes roughly $60 to fill him up. He drives his vehicle to work, meets us at the kid's practices and anywhere else he feels like going to.

We fill my vehicle up about every 5 days. It takes anywhere from $65-$75 to fill it up. I am a SAHM but I do not stay at home. DS has batting practice everyday, DD has volleyball 2 days and volunteering 2 days. I also like to just get out and go. Whether I am running important errands or just goofing off I am usually on the go. Rarely do I ever stay home all day.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
The van, which is used to take the kids back & forth to school (about 4 miles per day) and me to work (about 5 miles round trip 3-4x/week) is about $80-100/month, depending on how high the damn gas gets :angry: Dh's truck uses about $40-50/month. He works about 2 miles from home.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I put about $80 to $100 a month into my car and DH puts easily $150 into his truck but we both have a 50 mile round trip commute to work.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Mine takes about $6 per week plus about $30-40 the weekends that I go take care of my mom (~400 miles round trip).

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
I think we're in the $125 range (for Dh & me) per month. I'd have to check Quicken when I get home to make sure...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts