Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gasoline has slowly gone down in price and is $2.65 today at our local stations. Its high was $2.99 the Friday after the hurricane. Is it going down where the rest of you are?

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
It went down by 3 cents...it's at $3.18 now.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I think we're at $2.77. Much better than it was the past couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
From a high of $3.59/gallon for the cheapest 10 days ago to $2.99/gallon for the cheapest today. Isn't it funny how it never goes down as fast as it goes up :mad:

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
It's dropped pretty good. The highes it was here was 3.29 and then it went back to 2.99 with in a week or so, it's dropped a few cents every few day's since last week and now the lowest price around is 2.67 and some are still 2.78.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Our gas prices have not been all that bad here in Oregon... The worst it was for us is when the regular gas got to 2.79 a gallon last week.. It is now down to 2.75 and they expect it to go down even more in the next couple of weeks. Sorry for all of the rest of you who had to pay over 3.00 a gallon:eek: :eek: ... I don't think that I could in my right mind want to drive if prices were that bad.. Good luck ladies....

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yes, prices starting dropping within a week of the huge increase. The average prices I see in Michigan is around $2.75. My dh filled up my car for $2.69 at Sam's club, but if I would have remembered to renew my membership, it only would have cost $2.66. He found a station on the way home from work for $2.59 and earlier in the week found one for $2.52.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I filled up today and it was down 2 cents per gallon from the last time I filled up..........$2.83/gallon today!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Our high was $3.09...it's at $2.89 now.

·
Registered
614 Posts
In my town the Mobil On The Run where I buy gas was up to $3.39 last week, I just passed by there the other day & it's gone down to $3.09. Luckily I haven't had to fill up in about 2 weeks while the prices have skyrocketed. I have seen a few gas station go as high as $4.00 in my area.

I'm going to have to get my EXPY filled up again in a few more days since I usually don't let it get past the mark after 1/2 tank full. I know when I have the trip mileage hit around 200 then I really need to fill up. I try not to let it get too low. :eek:

Today DH & Patty's DH are taking the EXPY since they gotta bring my trailer back home.

:paw: ~ANDREA~ :paw:

T

·
0 Posts
Our high here (Central MA) was around $3.35 - the cheapest station I saw today was $2.93. Hopefully it will keep going down a little further. It was around $2.60 before Katrina.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
$2.69 yesterday. Pretty sad that $2.69 warrants a celebration. lol

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Well, when I saw gas for $2.47, I thought, gee, how cheap! Then, as I was driving, I kept thinking how crazy I was for thinking $2.47 was cheap. I paid $2.66 earlier in the week for gas.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
It's $2.40 here in northern Lousiana. I'm down to a half a tank. Need to fill up tomorrow before it shoots up again.

·
Registered
614 Posts
MOBIL On The Run was down to $3.09 a few days ago...I passed by there on Saturday on our way home from dinner @ TGI FRIDAY'S it was down to $2.93. My EXPY needs fill-up since it's almost @ that mark where I'd only do in town driving so I'll usually pass by my gas station I buy gas @ all the time. I don't dare risk driving to another town where I'm not sure of how good the gas or the prices are?

I'll probably go out later or tomorrow to fill-up, maybe the prices will be down a bit more.

Depends on what Ma wants to do for her birthday :bdaypty: I wanted to make her a carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting (my friend Jennine's Grandma's recipe) if I can find it. I told her to email it to me then I can print it out & if I loose it then can print another one. She decided to hand-write it & snail mail it to me & I forgot where I put it or someone moved it :confused:

Strange as this may sound during the week gas prices go down :) but Thursday night they usually go up for the weekend.

:paw: ~ANDREA~

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here it went down to $2.33 over the weekend --- amazing.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I paid $2.79 Saturday.Cost $47.50 to fill up my van :eek: :eek:

Yesterday I seen it at $2.64.I'm hoping it'll continue to drop.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ours is right at $2.76, $60 to fill the astro twice a week(that is without any unneeded driving too).
Hopefully it will come down more. If not by the time(next summer) I am really "boatable" and able to get back into diving, we will only be able to do once a month. For the last 5 summers we have gone everyweekend(unless weather had other plans:mad: ). This is what we arwuse to and the kids are use to(it is our "stress" relief;) ) but, at least with gas having been so pricey this year, and me not being physically up to doing that, it has kinda worked out good I guess, otherwise we would all be chopping at the bits wanting to go.
I know here there have been allot of gouging prices going on even after the gas dropped I think to like $50 or so a barrel.
I justhope it comes way down cause next summer we have allot of "make up" diving to do.:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts