Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use DR's budget software? Is it worth it? What value does it add that I can't do myself in Excel (or is significantly easier than Excel)?

I wish I could just buy the software and use it indefinitely, rather than a monthly/annual membership to the website that I'd continually have to renew or lose the use of. As far as I know, that's not an option, is it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know anything about Dave's software, but I can't imagine any subscription-based web service is better than programs you can purchase one time or web options (like Mint.com) that are free. Frankly, a rudimentary Excel spreadsheet is more than sufficient for people on most of DR's baby steps.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Dave Ramsey software does come on a cd that anyone can buy. Do you need something to you can sync with your bank or do you mind filling things in yourself. I don't think it really ads much to the usability unless downloading data from your bank statements is really that important.

If have found several budget templates for use in Excel and Open Office (a free downloadable software that does most everything Windows Office does OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite). Most are set up in a manner similar to how Dave Ramsey suggests you set up your budget. Maybe something there can help you. You've probably searched these before but I'll include links anyway.

Templates for Open Office found here: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/search/node/budget

Templates for Excel: Search results for "budget" - Templates - Microsoft Office

·
Registered
10,988 Posts
Spammer reported.

Reactions: knotme
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.