Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dh and I are "gazelle-intense" on killing his old CC debt. It's almost gone - the way we figure it, the last payment will be a very small payment in February. After that date, we'll take all of the money we've been paying toward debt and direct it toward an adoption fund for our first child. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that we are currently spending a little over $2000 a month on credit card bills. Most of that is what dh did before we met or got married. It will never happen again!! Please don't think badly of us - it was a lot of stupid mistakes that he made in the past, but we have been following Dave Ramsey's plan for two years and we are going to make much better financial choices in our present and future!!

We need a total of $18,000 for the fees. However, we feel comfortable applying to the agency when we have saved/earned $10,000. We think that can be done in six months.

Here are my goals:
1. I am going to track our savings on my siggie. It's going to seem pretty weak at first, but as soon as the CC debt is paid off, we're hoping to watch it soar!
2. Only buy what we need. THINK - is this "thing" important or can the money go into our fund??

I can't WAIT to learn more budget-cutting tips on this site to help our dreams come true!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome!!

Ohh, I wish you the best!! I hope it all goes very fast for you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Who could possibly think badly of you, choices were made a long time ago and you guys are working hard on rectifying them - you should be proud of this not ashamed! at $2000 a month you will have the money in no time once the CC is gone.

Keep it up! :sun:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi Gazelle, what a wonderful goal you have to work towards! I totally admire the selflessness of those who are able to adopt. & what a stable family you will be without debt hanging over your heads :)
I for one never judge anyone about their debt- we all have different reasons for it and different ways of tackling it. What we can do is support one another.:applause:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Welcome, and best of luck!

Great idea to "think" about "things" when you take a gander at your CC each time. Things are fleeting, but the debt isn't, unfortunately!

~Mary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts