Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just cancelled our Dish Network service! OMG!

I am surprisingly stoked about this! It's another $40 going towards our debt reduction! WOO HOO!

·
27,948 Posts
Go you! :thumb:

Reactions: PaulaMM

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go you! :thumb:

Thank you! I was kind of apprehensive about suggesting it to my husband, since he is the tv addict in this family, but when he was receptive to the idea, I got really excited. I'm amazed at how good I feel about it now that it's done! LOL

I've given up my Booksfree account, cigarettes, most of my Diet Dr Peppers, and now, Dish Network! I WANT OUT OF THIS DEBT! :fight:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Netflix may be a reasonable alternative. We have one that goes through our Wii or our PS3, but if you don't have those you can usually hook a laptop into a newer TV and go to fullscreen mode and it's like having a video store at your disposal, pending you have a decent internet connection.

We're busy watching Monk and Mythbusters right now :).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Netflix may be a reasonable alternative. We have one that goes through our Wii or our PS3, but if you don't have those you can usually hook a laptop into a newer TV and go to fullscreen mode and it's like having a video store at your disposal, pending you have a decent internet connection.

We're busy watching Monk and Mythbusters right now :).
We do have Netflix and do watch it through our Wii, which is probably the ONLY reason DH was/is so receptive to the idea of cancelling Dish Net. lol

We decided there was very little we watch on satellite that we couldn't watch on Netflix. We're also looking into the possiblity of getting an adapter cord thingy to watch from his ipod. The one he found at Radio Shack is $35, which is cheaper than one month of Dish Net, but he's going to see if he can find one for a better price. Still, there is more than enough just with Netflix to keep even the most hardcore TV addict busy for a while.

·
Registered
243 Posts
check out playontv also. They had a lot of stuff we couldn't find elsewhere. They offer a free trial and you use your wii to stream. Congrats on jumping off the cable bandwagon.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
WTG, you're really doing a great job. Congrats on giving up the cigs especially they are very costly in more ways than one. :applause:

Cat

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
There is so much cr-p on tv anymore that I'm embarrassed for it. What happened to decency ?Yuk !
Totally agree with you! I do like watching AMC. Love old movies and they are showing alot of them right now!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Way to go! Believe me you won't miss it! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.