Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is so embarassing to post although I don't even know you all. When we moved in here there were roaches and I've never been able to get rid of them. I've tried the bombs and boric acid but it doesn't seem to help. It's not like our house is nasty, just messy every now and then. Nothing major though. I'm never embarassed for anyone to stop by LOL. I think the problem is we live in a 'falling apart' trailer (don't know if that's spelled right??). The kitchen sink leaks, the bathroom sink, and the tub. All leak pretty badly too. And I've read that roaches really like water?? Also, there are holes and 'openings' into the house everywhere! It's crazy. The only reason we live here is becasue my dad gave it to us. (very nice of him in spite of everything!) I think it was the renters that lived here right before we moved in.

Anyway, we are building a house right behind this trailer. It's like 6 foot behind it. I am so thankful that we are finally able to do this for ourselves and mainly for our children. But, I don't want to take these nasty roaches with us!! I only see maybe one a day or every other day, but I've heard where there's one there's tons more. It's mainly those flying ones right now.-shudders-

I honestly believe it's the shape the trailers in. Like I said, I'm really not nasty :( They just have easy access inside. I admit I do throw food into the garbage and I know I shouldn't though. :shame:

My question is what do I do?? What would an exterminator do. Don't they 'inspect' first? Where should I call, how much does it cost. Just any help you can give will be appreciated! I live in the boondocks but there is an Orkin listed in the next town over. Along with others that must be just small businesses. What will I need to do to the trailer for them to come? Will it help even with all the leaks and openings? UGH! I just need help, and thanks so much!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I was in that predicament many years ago. I moved into a beautiful apartmrent and lo and behold about two weeks later, when I came home from work one day, there were literally 1000's of raoches on the walls, and crawling everywhere. I had signed a one year lease. I took pictures of the bugs and told the landlord I was moving and if he tried to hold me to that contract, I would show a judge. He didnt. I moved into another house. I was so careful not to take any bugs with me, by literally packing a box, taking it to the car and it took me forever, I took those roaches with me despite my best effort.

What saved me was the fact that the house I moved into was sold to a new landlord and required a tent over it for termites and it killed all the roaches as well. My point here is can you get that trailer tented. It must be smaller than a house? Maybe look into it. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll have to help me here. I have no idea what tented means. :confused: Thanks so much for your reply though.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Tenting is when the extermitation company puts a plastic tent over a house, then they fil it with posion gas, and it kills every thing in the house. Then they use some kind of filter system to clear it out and make it safe again.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you live in the south, sometimes it doesn't matter how clean you are. Bugs abound! We have a great exterminator who comes every 3 months and keeps the bugs away. He sprays around the outside of the house, along the inside walls to the outside of the house, and in the window frames. The only bugs I find are either twitching in their last moment of life or are already dead. If you're in Georgia, I can recommend mine - whatever he uses works great and he's cheaper than the ones some of my friends used to use (they use my guy now).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts