Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else starting seeds yet? I got some of the plants that take the longest and some of my cold weather plants started today in seed flats.

Luffa and artichoke take +/- 180-200 days here, so I got those going. They'll be planted outside after last chance of frost. (I have only ever had any luck doing them this way here.)

and I got my cabbages, bok choy, brussels sprouts, spinaches, etc seeded too.

I am itching to get into the garden!! Few more weeks and I can

·
Registered
333 Posts
I planted some seeds last week. So far the only thing that has sprouted are the impatients (sp?). I can't help but look and check them everytime I walk by. lol.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I planted some stuff, mostly herbs. I'm doing container gardening because we live in a tiny apartment.

Seeds started that are doing okay:
- basil
- purple basil
- dill
- celery
- parsley
- thyme
- oregano

Started from a tiny transplant and is doing fantastic:
- peppermint

Started from a transplant and is doing nothing:
- rosemary

Started from seed and is obviously not going to germinate/survive:
- chives
- spearmint

This is my first time ever starting things from seed so I'm just trying to keep them alive!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Little early for me yet. However, I plan to start them in about two weeks. :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I potted up some of my seeds tonight. I planted a packet of Brocolli-DeCicco and Bush Big Boy Hybrid tomatoes. All the seeds germinated. Alot of the other seeds are just popping up so I will pot those up in a few days. I got a set of soil block makers for my birthday. I think I am going to really like soil blocks instead of cups.

Here is a video on youtube about using soil blocks

·
Registered
461 Posts
We haven't started them yet but everything is currently on the kitchen counter waiting for us! ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have started,feels great.Impatiens Petunias,Black eye Susan vine all took 3-4 days.Will start more varieties every day now,just hope I can get the Greenhouse open and running by mid March.

·
Super Moderator
19,680 Posts
I started all our annual flowers in one of our Aerogarden garden starter trays on Sunday. I'll be starting the veggies in another one in a week or so.

I also finally found a mini greenhouse at a price I wanted to pay ($20). We expected it to be pretty junky but it's actually very nice. I love when that happens! When the plants are ready to come out of the starter trays, then they'll be potted and put into the greenhouse till the end of May when they can be moved outside to containers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts