Frugal Village Forums banner

Getting started...

Tags
started
1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  autumnlynn 
#1 ·
Okay. I see a lot of people are big fans of Dave Ramsey. Id like to try his methods. If someone was starting out, what books should they have?

Im really hoping I can get them all through interlibrary loan. I certainly cant afford to buy them.

Thanks in advance :)

#2 ·
Start with The Total Money Makeover, he shows his step by step process and the book has very inspiring stories. You can also read Financial Peace it's good too, I've read them both but read the TMMO over and over again to keep me on the right track.

#5 ·
Your welcome and dont feel overwhelmed when you read them at first, I love the book and go back to it every now and then.

#7 ·
Be sure to check out his website www.daveramsey.com for advice and archived questions that people call in to his radio show. I got all of his books through my library, so you should be able to do the same. Have you thought about signing up for her Financial Peace University program that is offered at many churches across the country? I don't know about your area, but it's a thought. I think it costs $139 right now, just to give you an idea. Good luck.

#8 ·
I agree with the ladies, the Total Money Makeover and his site. I don't know about your library but ours has all his books. I got mine there, then later at a yard sale I got it for .50 cents.
I use Quicken to track all my exspenses and then Microsoft excel to track my progress of all the medical and other debt to be paid. Take a deep breath you'll be on track in no time.
Good luck.

#9 ·
I'm, also working the Dave Ramsey plan and would agree with starting out with the TMMO book. I also like his site http://www.debtective.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.