Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a lot of posts where people mention they use gift certificates. I was just curious were these given to you as gifts or are you getting them by doing surveys, reading emails (My Points) etc.? I would love to earn some gift certificates.

Any info. would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I joined my points, but I don't have enough points yet to get gift certificates. I usually get gift cards or certificates for Christmas or my birthday. I have several family Christmas parties to attend and I usually end up with several gift cards after Christmas. I usually get one or two for my birthday too.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
~For all holidays I only ask for gift certs.

~I take 7 different meds, plus two equiptment prescriptions and evertyime I refill one (each one atleast once a month) I use the coupons put out by the drug stores for "$20 gift cert w/new or transfered prescription." Since my meds/equiptment alone run over $1000 a month (I do get reimbursed through insurance) several pharmacies have said they will take as many of these coupons as I bring instead of just the "limit one coupon per person" as the coupon states.

~I also do MyPoints. I have not redeemed any of my points yet, but that is just because I have not gotten around to it yet.

~My kids would rather have cash than gift certs so I buy their certs from them as well.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I get Starbucks gift cards from one of my credit cards and Amazon gift certificates from my Amazon credit card. People also give me Starbucks cards, and I recently got $100 in Target gift cards as a birthday present from my dad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I belong to My Survery and High Points ( which is the Harris Poll). I have gotten merchandise like binoculars and a complete Rubbermaid storage system. I received a Gift Certificate around Chistmas from My survey and they gave me a large choice of stores and restuarants to chose a $25.00 gift certificate from. I chose Red Lobster and now I have almost enough to get another $25.00 certificate.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I get alot of mine from survey sites and My Points.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I get mine from surveys and at christmas I usually get one or two from my parents. I wish I could get a large one right now, it would really help out.

I almost have enough Mypoints points to get a $25 GC for Walmart. Actually I do have enough, but 124 are pending. :( If they weren't I'd be ok.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I receive gift certificates from MyPoints. I do their surverys and read their emails.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Mypoints, amex points, people give them to us, DH's work sometimes gives him gift cards, rebates, target sometimes does a deal if you buy something you get a $5 gc back.

G

·
Some from surveys, lots from MyPoints. I also have a tendency to get them as gift from friends and relatives at birthday/Christmastime.

Every now and then I'll find a rebate for a gift card too, like the Walgreens ones.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Same here, I get them from MyPoints, doing surveys, reward points from my debit card and I always request gift cards when asked for birthday or Yule.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I get them from mypoints. If you're a Bzz Agent they just recently switched their rewards system to mypoints. I just cashed in points for 2 $10 GC's to Old Navy, 1 $10 GC to CVS (to use with ECB's of course), 1 $10 GC to Barnes and Noble, and 1 $10 GC to Bath and Body Works. Some of these will be used a Christmas presents and it won't cost me a penny.

I also get Starbuck's GC's for my birthday and from a friend when I babysit her kids. I make them last a long time by buying a bag of coffee beans instead of buying coffee by the cup.

My neighbor also gives us a $100 GC to a restaurant each year (Cracker Barrel, Red Robin, etc) because my DH mows her grass for her. He doesn't charge her, he does it because she is widowed.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I get free gift certificates from mypoints and freeride. Also, from CVS and Kroger whenever I fill a new prescription. I have occasionally gotten them from online promotions, rebates and even sales. Target gives $5 gc sometimes when you buy a certain item...if you used coupons and/or rebates, this often makes the item you purchase free or nearly free. My Target isn't very close, so I don't always get to do those deals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts